Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Welcome To Spring
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:43 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

we are actually getting a second week of mostly spring like weather - above freezing[melting] weather , we had one day in the last couple weeks that we dipped to -5f but mostly lows in the teens-twenties , now they are starting to speak of flooding because we have gotten almost twice average annual snowfall and it came early/stayed so frost is shallow , im watching the river in the back yard , not seeing it leave its banks yet , but its running high i think those down the mississippi might want to be concerned tho ,

Post subject: Re: Welcome To Spring
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Not us yet. We had one day last week that went to 34 F.
Most of it's been 26-28 F during the day, and still getting close to 10F at night.
We are supposed to start breaking freezing later this week.

Hopefully I'll be able to get out for a gravel pit shoot in mid-April.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:32 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

No...no can’t say that yet here on the roller coaster weather pattern last few weeks,maybe by Friday we’ll be up temp somewhat but more snow inbound for a couple of day’s called for yet,guess we’ll see what happens. :ow: :kap:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:47 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

trust me - just because the calendar said its spring that does not mean we will get it till maybe may - probably late may , we have gotten snow storms in mid may and actually over memorial weekend one year a couple decades back , i would love to think the false spring would continue but - we were scheduled to get moe snow mid/late this week , now it looks like its coming as rain to start tomorrow into wed with possible snow - we are on the line between the two this trip down mother natures pathway ,

ive got easily 3 feet of snow in my yard right now , after a couple weeks of melting temps , i have a sheet of ice in my drive where that melting keeps accumulating and refreezing , the four feet of snow thats piled up on each side wont let the water drain down the natural drainage way , the deer have nearly defoliated my yews and cedar trees - least as far as they can reach , i am not sure how the pines out in the yard are fairing i cant get to them right now , the deer are right up against the house in front of the sliding glass doors , not sure some of it will come back - we shall see , ill post a photo when i can get ut there or onto the upper deck - it also has a couple feet of snow on it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:58 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

snow started this morning and has just continued to fall lightly all day