[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - ROADTRIP !

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ROADTRIP !
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:00 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Ciney militaria show is on this sunday !
We'll (the usual suspects: Steve, Mark, Tamas, me) will be heading out to the Ardennes in Steve's van again. None of us has much funds to spend but it's always fun to be back on the road.
Maybe I'll spot a treasure no one else did ....

;) A

Post subject: Re: ROADTRIP !
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:44 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I am WAY envious!!! SW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:04 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Good Hunting!

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:10 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

sounds a fun trip , enjoy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:32 pm 

Here's a vid of the expo. The videographer doesn't do a great job, but the variety of items is shown. Notice the large percentage of American items. A ton of German stuff, too but I don't want to guess what percentage is legit.

At 4:37 is the only Italian vendor. Left a few Euros with him. SW

Here's 2014. Not worth watching past 6:0 I was going to get a couple potato masher key fobs for gifts but thought that wouldn't go well in customs. This is the livestock barn which wasn't nearly as crowded as the first building.

I WILL go back! SW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:11 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

If you want me to get you some of those keyefobs just lemme know.
I can send them with the Christmas carepackage.
Nje problema.

A

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:40 am 

I'd take two if they aren't too expensive.

I have a line on the books you want. Waiting to hear from a fellow in NY. He hasn't found them in his junky shop yet. SW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:54 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Nah, they were not expensive.
A

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:12 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

;) Finally got round to giving some feedback, sorry for the delay guys.

Well, the weather was actually fine, not cold at all and no rain ! The forests are looking beatiful now that the leaves are starting to change color. Saw a couple of hunters with dogs in the fields, probably out for pheasant or hare.
At the show the "free" parking was packed by the time we got there, admission tot the show
was 15 € :ow:
Seemed to me there were a few less visitors, probably due to a combination of the high admission price and "our" ludicrous gunlaws.
As you probably know we are no longer to sell or buy live guns at gunshows :thnk:
Just about all the tables were still packed though merchandise is shifting. A LOT of WWII German daggers, if I would have had the cash I could have gotten the complete range including the rarer Youth Leader Dagger and the Water Customs models ... Also more Italian stuff, or maybe I'm just paying more attention to that now ;)
Most of the small Russian and Polish vendors were not there. Maybe it's not worthwile for them anymore. You would have been hard pressed to find factory new AK47 mags ...
Now what DID we get ?
Tom got a demilled Carcano carabine in very nice condition for 125. (Must have been the star of the show. If you go for that.) and a couple Carcano clips.
Steve got a machete (he never leaves the show without at least one blade) and a uniformed teddy bear :oops:
Mark bought a bottle of blueing liquid.
I got 2 bottles of Foreign legion wine (for the wife), an UZI bayonet at 75 (for Frederik), 2 M16 mags at 7 each (for a guy at the range), the keyefobs for Steve.
Only thing I bought for myself is a French Medaille Militaire dated 1870 (that makes it French-Prussian war period). Not in great condition but a steal at 10. I just couldn't get excited enough about the rest to pay top $
Aniways, It was a nice relaxing trip and the local beer was perfectly chilled :grin:

Please feel free to ask details if you want.
BRGDS, A

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:40 am 

I'm having trouble with the concept of a Uzi bayonet... seems like the machete would be more useful. Ciney was the coolest gun show ever & I will be back!! SW

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:33 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i envy you that trip , must have been grand , i too have difficulty with the bayonet on an uzi - but it does add that omph to the thrust that one does not get with a knife ......im thinking intimidation might be the motivation here

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:25 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

I agree installing a bayonet on something small like an UZI is kinda ridiculous.
That's probably why they are rather scarce and expensive. Frederik wanted one only to complete his UZI set.
On the other hand, last sunday we had an example of how and when it could be useful in a pinch ...
Frederik was shooting (in his UZI) some older CCI Lawman ammo (125gr FMJ bullets - Brass case) One shell misfired and the bullet lodged about 3" up the barrel. He didn't notice and another round was fired. Case disintegrated and spit the debris out the ejection port (it fires from open bolt)
The base of the primer was stuck to the bolt.
2 bullets were found lodged in the barrel. I can imagine that would this occur in a combat situation you'd be happy to have that silly bayonet on your UZI ...
Aniways, no harm was done to the gun, barrel remained undamaged. He sure was lucky this did not happen in a closed bolt MP or a handgun ...
BRGDS, A