Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rest in peace, Friend
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:20 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Just got up after playing trains all night.

A friend was killed and I meant to go to the funeral but didn't wake up in time. Probably just as well - his family is a different bunch. He had a stroke/mental breakdown several years ago and completely changed. Went from being fun to a paranoid conspiracy theory kind of guy. I used to go over after we got off work (he was a railroader, too until the stroke got his engine license pulled) and we'd mess around shooting.

I still think his wacko ex slipped him some kind of poison... she was CRAZY! I went over a few years ago at Christmas with a nice ham & was astounded when another railroaders wifey answered the door. I thought companionship would do him well, but #2 was just as nutso as #1. I never went back after that & he never stopped here even though he got his welding supplies from a place like 5 blocks away.

He had quite a temper. I stopped him from fighting at work a couple times - that's a termination offense as well it should be. Anyway, a process server came out to his place to serve a warrant on one of his sons & he went live on her. She got in her car & was leaving in haste when he allegedly ran in front of her car to continue the confrontation. Yep - he got run over. He was 47. God rest your soul, Byron.

It was a bad deal, but I believe he's at peace now. I have said a prayer that he might become himself again in the afterlife. No need for condolences - it just wasn't him in there anymore. I lost him at the stroke/mental event. I guess I just feel compelled to put the whole things into words. Please forgive me, Friends.

Other than that, I've been jonesing for one of the recently imported FN Hi Powers & dropped a bid. Got another factory Hi Cap magazine coming from "somewhere in Ohio".

Not sure what's up for supper. Wifey & preppy daughter the elder went to small a dog show early this AM & she is napping now. Fast food probably. I should trim branches in the back yard but not today. Tomorrow doesn't look too promising, either.

No energy at all - maybe I'll write a bit. SW

Post subject: Re: Rest in peace, Friend
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:54 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

At least your supervisor isn't a conspiracy theory nut case as is mine. Count your blessings. Keep on keeping on till retirement.

Best Regards somewhere in Ohio,

Mark

Got to love Belgian made goodness.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:41 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

Hard to leave anyone, sorry about this fella. Stroke is also what made my fatherinlaw a savage again I beleive. Went blind in one eye.....then progressively nutso.....when he went retro-back to the abusive father to my wife......I cut all contact. He now lives in Alabama blocks away from his other daughter.....and has made their life a living hell.....

Maybe the best thing is moving on to the next life for some, we all have to have hope.....as this world isn't getting better, sign of the ends closer than ever I would think..... :kap:

Marc n tomtom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:02 am 

I wondered whatever became of your FiL but hesitated to ask - some topics are painful to discuss. SW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:00 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Have to agree with Oltom.
I seen the same thing happen with my Mom and a couple of brothers. The mood swings/ irrational behavior were something that was not normal before they had strokes. With my Mom I think it was the frustration of not being able to speak properly. She would try and tell me something and not be able to, then the Kraut cussing would start. That would be clear as a bell. The night she passed I was in the ICU with her ( she didn't recognize me, to far gone I suppose) and she was talking to me in German. Some of it I understood, but most I didn't. And once again her speech was clear.
My brother went from an easy going, funny character to moody, and very stubborn. Refused to take his medicine, argued with everyone. I seen it as the effects of the multiple strokes he had. And Steve, he got really deep into conspiracy theories, I don't know where that came from as he was not like that before.
May your friend rest in peace as his troubles are now over. God rest his soul.
Losing a friend is never easy, especially at our ages as there aren't many friends left. Cherish the ones you still got and remember the good times of the ones that have gone on.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:55 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i have a feeling that we all harbor thoughts that lie way under the surface , things we repress because in our lucid moments we can easily see they are childhood boogy man or fantasy stuff , when things get unreal in life those things take on a normalcy that would never be part of our everyday thinking ,

i hope to go in my sleep without warning , i doubt i shall be so lucky , not sure how things will play out but contingency plans are made , funny how when we are young we look to the future with near abandonment expecting the worst but living in the moment - to the fullest i might add , i never really believed id see thirty ....

today im looking back wondering where it all went and living in the moment wondering when the realization will tell me its time ....

still got dreams and plans , still have hopes and promises to keep , still am in control of my faculties , in spite of what many of you might think :lol ,

always sorry to hear of the loss of anyone , with all of the folks ive had the pleasure to meet over the years there are way too many ill not get time to know ,