Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Memorial day
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:26 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Looks like it will be a typical weekend here... rain. Which is fine - we can always use more of that.

I went over to the cemetery and left flowers for Mom & Dad already. My closest friend is buried nearby & I thought of him, too.

He was a die hard gun nut & not much into flowers so I always leave a cartridge of some sort near his stone. This time it was a Spanish 9mm Largo round.

I meant to leave flowers for my sister who's buried in a remote cemetery near Chimney Rock, but the "minimum maintenance" road was too muddy. There were tracks there I was glad I didn't leave, so I'll go back when the weather is better.

Other than that, wifey is still staying with older daughter while she recovers from surgery. Dog Breath & I probably won't wander too far from home.

I hope the weather is better for everyone else. SW

Post subject: Re: Memorial day
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:16 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

mid 80's and sunny here in mid tenn........
grass mowing and OFF call!! :jmp:
might do the Lowes visit to let wifie get some plants(she never has too many)...and then some tomtom shop time, the lock needs to be put back together, and wood relieved to set it in the stock.....and the tiggers will be set.....

everybody needs to be safe~traffic each year is worse.....I hear more and more sirens these days for meat wagons~

marc n tomtom

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:46 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I gotta get out to Brookside and check on Dad and a couple sisters. Last post fund supposedly doing a stone for Dad this year...

On a slightly related note, have I missed Father's Day? M/C ride for Dads (Cancer charity for the colon version) was last Sunday, and that usually falls on Fathers Day....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:13 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Been pouring rain since last friday eve ... Low parts of the country were flooded ... repeatedly. I'm on the high ground and the roof is holding out (touching wood) but Frederik's place was flooded with 15 inches of water and mud from the surrounding fields ...

BRGDS, A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:25 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Had a nice Memorial Day, Sunday was a pig roast and the family that puts it on every year invited me thru a friend to come to it. Sort of a meet and greet, to see how I measure up. The family own a large chunk of property and have their own shooting range. Nothing real fancy, but I don't care. Steel plates at varying distance from 50 feet to 1,000 yards, concrete benches, canopy cover. Nice place, nice people, GOOD FOOD. I was notified today that I'm in and can use the range anytime, no dues, which is a bonus.
Yesterday wifey and I walked to the cemetery and participated in the services there and the dedication of the new flag poles on the memorial. The Cub Scouts and the American Legion line the cemetery roads with flags and put flags on each serviceman's grave site. A very touching memorial service for a town this size.
To all those here on the forum who have served in the armed forces I want to say THANK YOU for your service.