[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Global warming?????

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Global warming?????
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:40 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

What the heck ever happened to that? -22 here, and we sure could use some! al gore is an idiot!!! :-x SW

0000.pic2a.jpg
0000.pic2a.jpg [ 88.54 KiB | Viewed 2902 times ]

Post subject: Re: Global warming?????
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:17 pm 
Major
Major

To me it does not matter whether there is global warming or not. Even if it is not getting warmer it is good to make reasonable efforts to make some man made activities more efficient. Reasonable to me means not causing a 200-300 percent cost increase for 1 percent or less in diminishing returns. The tiers are falling from some eyes.
Any man made warming may be circumvented by a maunder minimum like event, which if true would cause a long period of no sunspots and cooling.

I don't consider some of the epa's requirements reasonable. Like the garbage gas cans that cause gas to be spilled where before little or none was. All we need are gas cans with screw top lids. This requirement is idiotic. Trying to stop methane gas production in cows is also kind of ridiculous.
I am against coal fired plants because they contribute to the mercury and other heavy metals that come down in the rain and raise the levels in run off water that enters our lakes and streams.
Yes, They do precipitate and filter a lot of the coal ash coming out of coal fired plants, but then they dump the coal ash in some county land fills calling it household garbage. The epa recently said the coal ash was not toxic which is a down right lie. They play a semantic game meaning it is harmless as long as the liner does not leak and they all leak eventually. They did this in my wife's home town and Republic Services is trying to force this issue in Jesup, Ga. EPA redefined toxic to answer the companies complaints of what do we do with the coal ash you made us collect. So they dump it in someone else's back yard.

I am against nuclear plants in their current designs and the isotopes they use because they are the worst where there are safer designs and isotopes that can be used. There are many minor accidents that don't get in the main news like Three Mile island, Chernobyl, and Fukushima did. I think this is worse than fossil fuel use because the residual radiation takes far far longer to dissipate than waste chemicals in the environment.

The main cause of a lot of this is overpopulation and the Earth cannot sustain a human population of this size. It became so after the world population became more than 0.5 to 1.5 billion estimate. Cutting down the rain forests is also a tremendous contribution to the planet's demise. Let me get off my soap box. I have said too much already.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:39 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well , -25 here today for the low and i blew snow from my drive in -19 at about 9 bells ,

im all for the reasonable conservation efforts and efforts to clean the air , but the extremes of putting folks out of their jobs by regulating industry we need for heating is beyond stupid , we are shutting down some of the cleanest coal plants in the world which will simply drive the price of the energy we need higher ,

there are dams built long ago that will soon need replacement - those will be attacked but the loss of their power will bring back the brown-outs or worse the rolling blackouts of days gone by ,

the foolish protests of safe transfer mediums rather than surface rails is even more so , let them do without heat - north dakota will solve that problem ,

i have not yet done without power summer or winter , when that happens i know who to blame , we all do - liberalism is a mental disorder - change happens incrementally by providing incentive to improve not by fines and extreme regulation , or protest , sooner or later society breaks down to the point of might makes right rather than the reason that should prevail ,

go to hell al gore - you money grubbing SOB , you have done nothing but live high and mighty on the issue that makes the rest of us suffer by paying more ,

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:26 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=RDEMgT ... ode=NORMAL

My solution........ :crzy:

You guys.....worlds headed to the drain, we will run outta oxygen.....the oceans are down 40% by one report in producing O2.....from whales being killed to pollution......etc etc etc.....then there's the clean water shortage..... :kap:

Best just let the big guy upstairs work it out....and enjoy Paris Hilton songs.......tomtom says relax, were in good hands.....
Or maybe we should listen to:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJL4UGSbeFg

:jmp: