Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Internet virus
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:31 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I keep getting notices in my junk folder about my Amazon order... been cancelled... on again... credit card issues... contact us...

Guess what? I don't have an amazon account! Looks like a virus waiting to happen! Open the mail? Not today. Tomorrow doesn't look good, either.

In other news, I'm not getting mail from some Nigerian princess who wants to give me 25 million USD because I'm a nice guy. Well, I am but apparently someone else is nicer.

Story of my life! :crzy: :rotflma: :rotflma: :bigrin: SW

Post subject: Re: Internet virus
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:42 pm 
Major
Major

I get similar mails..about such and such bank account, or payment returned....don't open or click any of their links. The internet providers scan for virus'es in the mail, but can't police bad and infected web site links.

Post subject: Re: Internet virus
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:20 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

have not had those lately , glad at that , but always wondered at those princesses who have so much to give away , why exactly do we work so hard to feed our government that fills their coffers so well ? no - i know these are scams but think on it a moment ...just a moment .. we filled omar kadafi and yassar arrafats coffers to the point none of their relatives live like we do ...just sayin ,

its no wonder the refugees come here thinking money grows on trees , here at least , they seldom seek work or fulfill the required work week - we pay the way , im still wondering who might have paid for my kids had i not been able to pay my taxes and done what i did - lotta long hours and no time to enjoy them growing up , i do find i have a few small regrets over the years , but would not change where we have been really , i think those that receive from us should thank us tho ...again just sayin - its NOT the US governments money - it is ours