Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Happy Thanksgiving!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:45 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

We had dinner at older daughter's. Which makes things a lot easier on wifey, but cuts me out of a lot of leftovers. There's a cure for that, though - I just need to go whack another turk or two. Works for me! :bigrin:

And I am truly thankful. Especially that I didn't spend the day on a stinking train! :bigrin:

I hope everyone else over-ate in the company of family, too! 8-) SW

Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:23 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

We had ours in mid October. Of course I over-ate. :bigrin:

Wifey and I had leftovers from the fridge for a couple of days. Daughters come over and picked at the carcass which was already getting pretty bony. I've become a big fan of canned whole berry cranberry sauce.

Glad retirement's workin out for you. Maybe there's hope for me yet. :bigrin: For now, I actually hafta work. Job ain't that bad~ I'm not doing the same old, day in and out...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:04 pm 

And before the gravy is completely congealed, it's bleak Friday. Sales everywhere! Spend recklessly! Show up early & stay late! Well, that's what retailers want anyway.

Older daughter had saved up all year for a flat screen TV. Wally had a 55" model on sale for cheep & she got one. Sounded like they had a plan there & no stampedes.

No shopping for me. I'll get the few gifts I want online. After taking little mutt out this morning, I cruised the shopping spots next town over to see how crazy things were.

Wally wasn't too bad - still plenty of room in the parking lot. Target was filling with cars turning when I drove by. Menards was disorganized insanity. Parking lot was completely full - people were parking close to half a mile away & hiking... there was a line to enter. Home despot was also stuffed which was a surprise - their ad flyer wasn't that great.

Which is all kind of depressing. Christmas isn't about reckless spending. So we're just getting a few things for the grandkids & having family fun. SW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:48 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

happy thanksgiving to all , we gad a great one here , had to drive a little but its so nice everyone is within an hours range , NO ONE went hungry and most of us got things we only get to enjoy at these family get-togethers .

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:05 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Had a great Thanksgiving. Sisters, brother in law and nieces with one of their friends made for a very enjoyable day. Spent Friday at the range in Citizen Swihart's annual Black Friday Shoot. Perfect weather, sunshine temps in the low 50's and good company. My 2 band Snider made a lot smoke and I managed to hit the Earth, don't know where but it is all good. My K-31 redeemed by turning me into Sgt York! I was a very happy boy to say the least.

"We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat; they do not exist"
Victoria 1899