Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pearl Harbor Day
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:49 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Never forget! SW

Post subject: Re: Pearl Harbor Day
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:46 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

have not , been reminding and informing all day , did you know ..there are 20 somethings that have never heard nor know nothing of this world changing event ? i did not , i expected everyone to know , i grew up that way , but alas we are now our fathers and the liberal education system has changed or at least re-written history ,

that same 20 something [whom im very fond of] knew we dropped the first A-bomb and where we dropped it but not why , or when and i spent a week enlightening him in august , had never heard we we were poised to invade japan , or what the losses were projected at ,they do not understand - thought we were always friends , does not know still of the POW issues and the bataan march - also the interments - that came up today , it made sense once i explained the losses at pearl , i have so much to share and the attention span is short with these kids ,

im also enlightening of the POW issues "here" , how different they were , how the germans we brought here wanted to stay in a few states [like idaho] and came back when they could,

im about to launch an education of the island hopping of the pacific , but i needed to allow the "first attack" to sink in , also the fact we were trying to stay neutral at the time in spite of having a bias ,
with the recent olympic discussions i may even get to explain what the german games did - particularly here , we shall see - that attention span thing is an issue

AS long as im expounding on this - 76 years ago , and firmly planted in my brain within a decade after , my family remembers , we are here because of the way events went , i will never apologize , my father never did , facts are facts and history is history even if liberals try to rewrite it ,

may i add there is a lack of understanding of our generation as well , VN is the next discussion i think i will have , only two in the office remember it today - im the oldest and i am surprised how much misconception there is , the current media is believed [the past media was far more accurate ] neither were honest with the americans that fought there - too much hollywood - too little truth ,