Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I must be getting old or something...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:20 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I try to post a few pics every day just for the fun of it, but I kinda let that go for a few days. Younger daughter had an appointment to have hardware removed from her foot that was banged up in a car crash. She really couldn't drive herself home so I volunteered.

But it was in Omaha which is a 450 mile drive - one way. We stayed with a cousin on the trip down but still had a 2 hour drive so she could check in @ 0530. Got up @ 0300 & away we went.

She was 1st in line with the surgeon & after a 45 minute procedure & an hour in post op, we hit the road for home... all 8 hours of it.

I made the drive just fine, but I wasn't worth shooting for 3 days - took long naps, I did.

Since wifey & older daughter left to see an exhibition football game in Lincoln, I checked in on recovering daughter & took food over. Made her fried chicken & unhealthy (but darn tasty) gravy.

Took over Chinese food yesterday. Now that wifey's home, she's going over today with a pot of chicken & noodles I made.

I didn't used to need that much rest after a road trip... I must be getting old or something! ;) :crzy: :bigrin: SW

Post subject: Re: I must be getting old or something...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:57 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Kinda think thats what happens to them of us what managed to survive more than just a hand full of decades, Lord knows your comments describe me to durn well for my own liking :old:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:00 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i agree , the high schools ae shooting again so im putting in 10hrs sat and sun in addition to my five 730-430 days during the week , i find that im a lot more tired than i used to be - if i get a day to sleep in its game on , i appreciated the snow weekend before last , range was closed and yes i did sleep in on sunday , it will not be so for the next two months tho ....

i was looking at a day trip for work today - i escaped it thankfully , i was going down to the iowa-south dakota boarder corner of the state , about three hours each way and was looking at a couple hours there , a whole day shot [without firing a shot BTW] im glad i missed that one ....so far ....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:24 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I never in my 45 year career took a nap during the day. Now it's a requirement and the new pup joins me, usually after our walk and lunch. Maybe I'm getting old also, but it sure feels good!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

gettin old aint for sissys , we are on our own here - nobody cares much any more , but we hang in there till they box us up - fight that for all your worth , i live every day now trying to prove im still woryth the time and yet i live every day .......because thats what we do ,

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:14 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm on the flip-side of 60 now, and sure don't have the steam I did at 40. Hopefully get in 6 or 7 more years working.

Not into daily naps yet, but do a lot of sleeping on time off from work. Those 12+ hour drives up North started getting to me a couple of years ago. Current recovery period from that type of driving is 3 days- working, or otherwise...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon