Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: might not be the right forum - i have a complaint
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:53 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

but here - its local , as many know here i shoot SASS - cowboy action , there is a local club i have been a member of since its inception at-del-tone-luth gun club when Aaron stars started it , a lot of years ago , i was a charter member back then - one of three that signed on from the gunclub right up front , a small group that believed in what we were doing and what was being done - we ran the matches for a number of years till the range got caught up in the frenzie to close public ranges that eventually failed , but ....

the range lost its ability to throw shoots that involved moving between shooting positions so the SASS club moved south 20 miles to a less pressured club , a private one , a new group of folks took over management , i went with them and was on the original board , they were in need of targets as they lost access to the vast supply the previous club offered , there was a board meeting when the suggestion was thrown out to have a lifetime membership offered to those that would pay -up front- for the cash infusion needed to purchase these targets , i was the first on board and wrote the $2500 check to get that going , i have no idea who else might have jumped in , as i lost my job a few months later and was unable to fund shooting for few years till i got back on my feet ,

little did i know ive apparently died ................

i went to a monthly match yesterday and was told they were no longer honoring these "life time" memberships , i had to pay $40 to reup my membership - which includes the rod & gun club [that i will use as they shoot trap and have a rifle range i will use] plus the monthly match fee [i have no issue with the monthly match fee at all] but im wishing i had gotten incensed enough to blow up over the membership - i wanted to shoot and i was just getting the lay of the land back in perspective - my bad , good guys always finish last [truth be known - if they had asked for a contribution id have gladly written the $50 check - which i did] but we got rain , yes im a fAIR WEATHER SHOOTER AND I LEFT ,

after reflection , it will be the last dollar of mine that goes there , i will find a new home club , there are too many great folks out there that i have shot with to abandon the sport but ill go to their clubs and support them with my money ,

i know this got long and im sorry but i had to type it out to see what it looked like before proceeding to the correct venue ,

Post subject: Re: might not be the right forum - i have a complaint
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:04 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Do you have your lifetime member credentials? Those should hold water... unless you can't stand the current bunch in charge. SW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:28 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

think thats where im going with this the more i thought about it ,

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:50 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

That's BS Mike, since when does a club just abolish existing Life Memberships without vote from the members. I would have blown a head gasket and demanded my life member dues back.
It would be like the NRA saying " all you life members are done" think how the NRA members would react to that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:46 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

they may well have taken such a vote - i do not know , i was not there to hear of it , in the end im good - ill not loose any more sleep over it , back then i bought life membership in NRA and SASS too , those seem intact , i thought i was insuring my future shooting , but when it comes down to it - i would rather travel and shoot other clubs now that i have income again , perhaps ill find one i like better , life goes on - im still alive in spite of that bump in the road , i will enjoy the other places i shoot in the future ,

i do have this years membership out of the deal should i choose to shoot there , we shall see if i get back in the upcoming season or not , i dont think ill tell my wife of this tho - she might want to raise holy heck on my behalf - then id never be welcome there ,

i would rather travel to illinois and see you rebel , put up with those laws than suffer her wrath , i just might ....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:11 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I understand Bud. Hey you and the Gimp are always welcome here if you're in the area.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:22 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

so i went to the ND/SD state shoot this weekend - none of the club members there would have anything to do with me but that might just as much to do with my friends in ND clubs that are do much more welcoming - remember minnesota nice is a norwegian thing , mostly lutheran and definitely not open in any way , im a way more open person ,

im not complaining here - i really only wanted what i paid for - should have gotten a receipt , my bad , i will own this one - the 'guy' that took the check is now dead - i liked him a lot , he died in feb ...i didn't know and wish i had

i have a vendor there making me three new shorts - light weight and much more comfortable that the heavy ones ive been wearing , , i may make another 10 years at this ..........if i live that long ,