Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wasted time
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:23 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

The Bill Goodmans gun and knife shows that were held in Dayton and Cincinnati sold out to a new promoter. The new guys are beginning to be a massive disappointment. I went to their latest show in Dayton this weekend, mostly as an exercise in entertainment. There were more vendors selling gee dunk and other non-gun related stuff than those who were. You wanted coins, surplus clothing, leggo toys they had them. The one guy who did have some MILSURPs on his table must have thought they had been produced using gold and other precious metals given the prices. My usual pusher (seller), Todd of Family Firearms wasn't there so the few people who did have ammo had jacked their prices up to Barry levels. If this keeps up, I will be making a road trip to the Wanamaker show in Tulsa. Even the Louisville show is better than what I now have to put up with here in Dayton.

"We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat; they do not exist"
Victoria 1899

Post subject: Re: Wasted time
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:39 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im sorry that has degenerated to that level - ours are showing some signs as well , but part of that is that the vendors have not been bringing quality items anymore - they are dumping their junk but at prices that exceed what folks will buy - i suppose cheaper than spending the time to part them out -catalog,list,post to internet sites , answer questions , etc

in a retirement mode one might enjoy this but at the prices no-one would do it ,

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:30 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Tomorrow, at the Roberts Center, there is a militaria show. I'm going on down. Hoping that it will be the same as the last time I went. Eye candy as far as you could see. I got some nice WW1 British cap badges last time. I'll be looking for more as well as anything that may reach out and grab me by 'you can't live without me'!

"We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat; they do not exist"
Victoria 1899

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:24 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

good luck to that endeavor , please report if you succeed , we have a couple shows in the twin cities that always have lots of that - one might spend hours looking through it all , i do not collect that but one of my cities friends does and he has enlightened me a lot , don't retain as much as i might if i were a collector but i do appreciate