[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Virus hysteria

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Virus hysteria
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:06 am 
Grand Pooh-Bah
Grand Pooh-Bah

I think the stupidity of hoarding is more dangerous than the virus. Really who needs 6k rolls of TP?

I continue to work through all of this. Seems that even without a college degree I am essential. I work for a Hormel distribution center. In times of crisis and economic downturn people still got to eat.

Also with what I went through after Christmas I really don't believe that God brought me through all that to kill me off by a virus. I am not being risky but I also refuse to live in fear. Got all I need here. Freezer is full, cats got food, and I had got a case of TP from Amazon :rotflma: before all this blew up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:25 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Has there been a run on Spam? SW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:06 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I have not been there, but have heard of line-up's at cabela's. They are only letting 20 people in the store at a time. Apparently there's been a huge run on 12 ga. 00 Buck, which ain't even legal on deer here.

All non-essential stores and services are to close here on the 1st. I suppose I had better try and get out and get a spool of 8 lb power pro. I actually need it. Wrecked the 8 lb spider wire I had on last fall fishing at 24 F :lol

I STILL think .22 LR is about the best there is for a survival round, but that's just me and a few others.

We are at 96 confirmed cases now with 94 in the city, one death and 2 confirmed recoveries.
The confirmed recovery stats are expected to go up next week....

Stay safe and keep your cool....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:35 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

All the fishing stores are closed. Got another spool of spider braid from a hardware based chain and its gonna hafta do. Season opener in about 5 weeks and I'd like to be ready.

Regards

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:28 pm 

More stuff in short supply... older daughter is working from home and needed a printer. Seems those are made of unobtainium around here. Flat could not find one.

Told her she could use mine if the college would spring for new ink cartridges.

Must be in short supply since they come from China... not much coming from there these days. This might even mean toys will be in short supply for Christmas.

It's always something.

Comrade Publisher sent me a new writing assignment that should keep me occupied for a while. SW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i was flippin on tv and hit on an old B&W virus update from the 57-58 asian flue epidemic , the similarities were astounding , almost word for word from the doctors and we got past that one , we will get past this one too ,

ive gotten a lot done in two days , ill get a lot more done in the next week and a half - or more , im inclined to think that we are getting a bum steer from the MSM on this one and our economy is paying dearly , i hope trump wins in a landslide then figures out how to get back what they took - there should be penalties to be paid for this media fed hysteria

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:39 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

Me and ol Tom reporting in.....as I work in a public medical store...and the WiFi’s works at the hospital...we both are SOL to get ferloughed out...but we in tacking most of our vac days!...I had a woman call me, said she has a fever and cough and running nose....didn’t wanna come in to get fit for a elbow brace.....but could I come out to her car?.....yeah...like fitting a brace inside the car is safer.....
I told her nope, we’re taking emergency patients only....
Stay outta crowds...stay safe...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:26 am 
Grand Pooh-Bah
Grand Pooh-Bah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:10 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thats really nice of them , you are set for a bit with tasty lunches , kinda lets you know they appreciate you ,

there has been a lot of money spent on PSAs , lots of stars and personalities performing them , i really wonder if it was all necessary , but then i suppose there are people out there that need to be told by Oprah Winfred to believe it , i dont get that - but i know they are out there ,

ive avoided most of the news the last few days , ill probably catch up today then skip a few days again , just trying to stay optomistic and prepared to move on ,

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:45 pm 

News programs are nothing but doom & gloom. What gets my blood pressure up is people in locked down states saying ALL states should be locked down.

I say it's the governor's call, not some talking head on TV. SW

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

that is my issue with all this as well , since when did the media control this country ? i know full well they have been under that impression for a long time but when did we actually let them take control and more importantly when do we tell them they do not ?

its time we take that away - we can , im all for imposing penalties for improper reporting - not saying censure or repression but i think when lies are published and fake news there should be a price to pay , good journalism needs to be the norm again rather than what we are getting ,
the first amendment gives us all free speech but the MSM has gone beyond what we would accept from someone who is charged with informing the public with ethics , they editorialize everything and in my mind are screaming fire in the crowded auditorium , they should be ashamed - if not the judicial system needs to take this on ,

just my 2 cents here but tell me where im wrong ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:03 am 
Major
Major

Fr8dude,

I agree about the hoarding, but you absolutely have to have food for the cats. They come first and you can't afford to run out of food for the pets. They cannot go as long without eating because of lower body mass. Besides how could anyone look at their starving felines and be indifferent. Wife said there was no limit on ordering cat food like there was on paper plates, tp, paper towels and some human food.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:41 am 
Grand Pooh-Bah
Grand Pooh-Bah

I have auto deliveries from Chewy. Cat liter, dry food and canned. They just had a save 35% sale on canned Purina One Pro Plan, so I stocked up. They share one can a day with the wet, graze feed with dry all day. Have about a 4 month supply of the canned and will be getting a delivery of more dry in about a week. Chewy makes it so easy, large bags, great prices. No more checking in multiple stores to find their "chosen" favorite.

My 2 girls and 2 boys are my family.

Attachments:
File comment: Ziva and Blanche. This has only happened once. Ziva has attacked her a couple of times and Blanche is somewhat afraid of her.
Ziva and Blanche.jpg.x.jpg
Ziva and Blanche.jpg.x.jpg [ 95.9 KiB | Viewed 5769 times ]
File comment: Junior and Ziva. Ziva is my newest rescue. Still working with the full integration.
Junior and Ziva.jpg.x.jpg
Junior and Ziva.jpg.x.jpg [ 116.52 KiB | Viewed 5769 times ]
File comment: Junior is the black and white. I had to go sit on the couch.
Buster, Blanche and Junior.jpg.x.jpg
Buster, Blanche and Junior.jpg.x.jpg [ 94.99 KiB | Viewed 5769 times ]
File comment: Buster is the big guy, Blanche is still a kitten.
Buster and Blanche.jpg.x.jpg
Buster and Blanche.jpg.x.jpg [ 128.2 KiB | Viewed 5769 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:24 am 

If you have several cats, loading up on TP is legit! :bigrin: SW

kat5.jpg
kat5.jpg [ 38.26 KiB | Viewed 5768 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:36 am 

Still fairly calm here. Only shortage in the stores is still TP. That should self-correct soon. I mean, people only have so much room to store the stuff.

Very little traffic on the roads or even on the streets here. But it's a small town. I can easily see how a place like NYC would be a virus death trap = elbow to elbow people.

Took the dog out for our morning hike in the buttes. Nobody else ever out there so no worries about coughing & such.

I plan to go back out sometime today to shoot a target with the S&W to which I just added a barrel. Then right back home!

An effect of the virus I've noticed here is that the old fart every morning coffee guys haven't a place to slug down coffee & swap lies. Even 4 tables at the bakery are off limits now. Maybe they meet in somebody's garage. Retired RR "old heads" meet for coffee once a month to swap war stories. I've been invited several times but haven't gone. But that's on hold now, too. Not that I mind much. SW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:08 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

The wife DID get a furlough from her hospital...she's in accounting, so non emergency job....and I'm happy!..she'll get the gub'menty $$ WHEN they start sending it.....so she's staying at home....garden time :D
And me?...nope....still working with o2 concentrator, beds, hospice patients....hoping I don't get this bug..... :kap:
Marc n tomtom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:14 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

stay safe my friend , we will get thru this , all will look better on the other side , im not convinced this is what it has been portrayed but time will tell a whole lot more than anything you read on line or in the MSM these days = we are lied to regularly and you cannot trust the news - they are the ones lying for so many decades ,

ill not ask for anyone to agree but im all for revoking all press credentials until they pass an honesty test , if they cant they get arrested for terrorism and sent to gitmo , we can sort it all out later - after all thATS WHAT THE COMMIES AMONG US ARE GOING TO DO ,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:00 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

We hit above 200 confirmed cases. 3 have died here.

Still not the nightmare NYC is. They lost 734 last night alone.

More or less still sane and calm here by normal measure. Police blotter just as busy as ever.

Social media sites are tracking toilet paper. Stores that have it sell out in quite short order.

I am still working. My LP steam ticket puts me on the needed list. Ever quiet here though. The 15-20 calls I get per shift have dried up completely.
Try and make do with P.M.'s and paper work. That will thin out in about a week and a half...
The sitting gets to be a drag after a while...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:43 pm 

Wifey wanted to watch the news yesterday to catch up on virus events & see if there were any new developments. It was nothing but reporters bashing the prez and whining around about "why he let it get started". Or some such foolishness. My blanket opinion of reporters has hot a new low, and it was a lot less than favorable before. Idiots! SW

pic1.1.png
pic1.1.png [ 705.62 KiB | Viewed 5720 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:40 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

that would be my opinion as well - all new low , how far down can they get before we start telling them we think that - ive been telling the ones i know and those that know them , i do have a fair amount of contacts in that realm that have been hearing it from me ,

ive also been supporting the ones i know that are fairly reporting with good honest intent , thankfully there are still some of those , we need honest reporters to keep us informed - those with agendas can go directly to jail and not collect $200 just sayin ,

i dont disagree the sitting gets old - i picked firewood from my lawn today and smoked a couple ceegars in the process - it would take another two weeks furlough with good weather to get my yard cleaned up this spring , i also need some calm burning weather , probably not getting either at this point but time will tell , got a bunch of ceegars in case ,

i have cleaned up most of what ive procrastinated on , im real pleased with whats gotten done on this sabbatical , ive still got my fishing gear to go through and a couple days left of my leave to do it , then i have the 'projects' list that ive not even thought to start on yet , so many projects and so little time ................

keep the faith , this too will pass

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next