Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kinda sad today
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:08 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

We've lived in this house for a full 30 years & have mostly the same neighbors... except for Minnie across the street.

She didn't drive much - just to get gro or get her hair done. But reflexes and vision failed her. She got in a nasty wreck & totaled her nice car.

Whoever investigated the crash notified the state she needed to go in for a vision check and test drive with an examiner. She didn't think she could pass & never went.

But she also had a '79 Chevy sedan she told us they bought new. So once a month, she'd fire it up and down to get her hair done. Which worked out all right.

Then dementia set in and she just couldn't look after herself any more. She's in a Colo rest home now and not coming back.

Her son has been cleaning the place up and just had the old '79 taken away by a local salvage yard guy. Probably got $300 or so for it. He was out taking pics of it being loaded up. When it was down the street, we saw him rubbing his eyes... must have allergies. :-(

But that's the way life works, I guess. SW

Post subject: Re: Kinda sad today
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:36 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Which reminds me....

I still need to get a plan together to deal with my shootin irons after I'm gone or infirm....

This early retirement is a bit of mind games.

Too bad the son wasn't able to keep the car in the family....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

Post subject: Re: Kinda sad today
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:03 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

gotta agree with doc - need stuff lined up and im derelict in gettin that done

is sad things go that way - coming up way too fast in my life these days , there are so many things id like to remember that i cant , forget that i cant , and some id love to relive with current knowledge that might have gone different - who knows if better or not , but different all the same , yet looking back there is not a lot i would wish changed in the big picture ,

we have lived in our house for 30 years as well , seen older neighbors die and move away on either side of us , the new on one side are still older than us and going quick , sad but the way of life - the young uns on the other side will see us gone i suspect ,