Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanksgiving
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:00 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I'm thankful the immediate family can be together for dinner.

We all had the Chinese flu starting first week of Oct. which we believe migrated here from a Jr Hi volleyball game. None of us had severe symptoms - it was more like a bad cold with coughing and a slight fever. The odd part was how it affected taste and smell.

Wifey couldn't taste or smell anything. I tried persuading her to try powdered ghost pepper - to loosen the sinuses more than anything, but no.

For me, sweets took on an entirely different and unpleasant flavor. Which didn't hurt anything really. By OTC remedies and the occasional shot of whisky, we all got over it just fine.

We're in our 70s. Wifey smokes, and I'm considerably overweight, but no real trouble with it. Which seems to indicate it isn't a done deal death sentence.

And since the immune system develops antibodies, we feel it's okay to be together for the day. I'd like to see more research on antibodies, but I get that developing vaccine is the A priority.

Here's hoping the rest of you are well and enjoying the day with family. SW

Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:45 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im happy to hear you all survived so well and i agree - free get together card in my book , enjoy ,

we on the other hand had our plans cancelled when one of the hosts tested positive , not all of them , just todays with the extended family , saturday is still on with kids and grandkids ,

hope everyone had a great thanksgiving in spite of the issues of this year ,

Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:56 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I hope you guys have safe holiday, and some good eating. :bigrin:

We are back under "lock-down" here with skyrocketing case #'s.
One of wife's cousins contracted the dreaded C-19 virus, and is in ICU on a ventilator.
Things are not looking real good for that cousin. She's in her early 70's and smokes.

The latest local public health order has limited home visiting to dwelling residents only.
That order is in place until Dec. 21, which won't leave a lot of room for getting ready for Christmas.
I'm really hoping things improve soon. Believe it or not, I'd like to find a job.
About 10-12 days left to the grouse season. I wouldn't mind bagging a few more.
I hope people don't start hoarding store turks. Been seriously considering a smoked hog shoulder for this year's Christmas meal....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon