Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i hate changes ...sometimes anyway
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:59 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

a few days ago my wife had our son hooking up a new smart TV ........nuthin smart about it PITA

so - she had my old wifi disconnected and her new one hooked up when i got home...nuther PITA as she couldnt recall the password , it shut me down obviously , and pi$$ed me off , said son got me hooked back up and DIL got the password figured out from the couple clues the wife offered up ,
the future is that she intends to discontinue our cable service , rendering me without TV unless my son can help me set mine up to operate on a firestick or somesuch , ill figure that out later - for now i got lots of DVDs and options to play them ,ill be OK till next year [a month or so away] and figure things out as we go , might actually end up better off but i hate changes .............

SO - both my computers , old and new will now connect and i could care less of her TV at this point but they seem to have that working as well ,
thus far i can still get my christmas movies on my TV for now - mindless diversion from reality that gets me through this season that i hate almost as much as changes in my life ,
both computers connect flawlessly and this router [not sure im using correct terms here] has a better signal throughout the house than the old one did so all is well , i was getting kicked off from time to time but thats not happening now , might be my imagination ... i have a vivid one ...but for now im saying +1 to my sons/DILs work here so far ,

i thought life was supposed to get simpler and more relaxing in retirement ????
i may be getting to be more curmudgeonly than i was when they dubbed me the young curmudgeon of the family , and perhaps its only fitting now that the 'general - he was the general in charge of a base in idaho back then , bruce , has passed on , i liked being second in command of that tittle because he WAS the leader when i met him in so many ways , we both enjoyed the ceegars , burbon and beer as well , i miss him a lot , but i digress ....i think he would have joined me in my recent complaints , it gives me some footing for my indignation at this entire turn of events ,