Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: life has a way of running in circles
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:46 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

lot of folks are regretting how they voted these days - ATF is overloaded with new gun buyers - not sure about you folks but ive not bought anything recently - think its liberals buying guns these days - good luck getting ammo for them tho ,

i already have a couple guns and the ammo and i know how to shoot them , with the hubub in the cities these days we may actually feel comfortable here in the land of "rocks and cows" just because of that , it seems we will not be out from under this cloud for some time to come , yesterdays shooting is as bad if not worse than the current trial , ill hold my opinions close for now but the released body cameras video is not looking good at this point , and our liberal governor and the liberal mayors are not helping the matter at all ,

last night the looting revisited the last area they hit as well as new areas , robbing from the stores that just recovered from last years riots , they wont rebuild again so those neighborhoods just lost the rest of their services , im thinking taxpayers will vote to stop rebuilding that mess , tonight there is a curfew from 7pm to 6am - wonder if the governor has the balls to enforce it ? we shall see in the morning .............

Post subject: Re: life has a way of running in circles
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:48 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

update -

our current state of law enforcement is in real turmoil and this most recent event will make it worse , its never as simple as it appears either - the first arresting officer was a black man - he lost control of the perp and this female officer [white] stepped in and made a mistake , ill not try to justify in any way , but we werent there , the adrenalin was off the charts , it will play out in court , that poor woman will live with her actions the rest of her life , it smacks of the previous event a few years back when an innocent austrailian woman was shot in the cities , not at all good in either case ,

this morning there was a convoy of national guard headed down to the cities , im sure they will be trying to keep the peace tonight , god protect them and may we have a quiet one please ,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:13 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

That was a bad deal all the way around. She was obviously scared. At the same time, what about people not doing drugs and committing crimes? (I know - good luck with that ever happening)

Law enforcement will have a hard time hiring in Minn. now. SW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:23 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

to be sure , and my good friends that are LEOs in and around the cities are not happy these days , my new DIL is national guard - on call but thankfully not deployed , there is nothing good coming from any of this in the near future ,

now , having said that , there is something to be considered with respect to that future in terms of all the calls to defund and reorganize the police force , this year alone there has been a large increase in crime in those areas , some of it very grave , if this leads to less police , and i believe it may , that will turn the cities into a no-go zone for some and an exodus for others , im not sure how it will all play out but this may play out negative for liberals soon ,

i would rather people look at liberalism and change their minds based on the topics as presented but ill take the facts changing their minds as well , i accept we are a country of law and order - perhaps too many laws , but even the libertarian in me understands there are too many that disregard any laws , we need law enforcement and we need those willing to dedicate their lives to upholding and enforcing the laws [maybe we can revise some of the laws] i think it will be impossible to hire good people in this climate , we will pay for this in ways that even the criminals may not yet understand ,

the fact that it was a black officer that made the intial stop and was put at risk will never be considered in the upcoming events , it will only be this white female she made a mistake , albeit a fatal one , the events that led to this will never be considered , this 20 year old had a one year old son , it will not matter that he had a criminal history that caught up to him in this instance ,

my thoughts here are -
do not commit crimes ,
do not resist arrest and attempt to flee ,
do not argue with the arresting officer or resist , it only results in bad things ,
im sad this veteran female [white] cop was at this place , at this time , and will live with this the rest of her life , i cannot imagine - and the rest of it as it unfolds

there is no good end game here , but we need law enforcement unless they want a whole lot more bad things to happen in the future , martial law is not what america was funded on ,

anarchy will result in vigilantism , nothing good will come of it , it valso provides the opportunity for foreign forces to intervene - good thing we are still armed for now