Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Site tech updates
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:15 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

so im on a couple other sites , used to be a bunch of them but as my collections were divested i dropped them , but im under the same name on all but one [my cowboy site - i use my alias] same as here ,

so my favorite 22cal site [yes i still have a fair accumulation of those] just did an update and i got dumped , my attempt to relog indicated that my password was insufficient , now im back on but only after reactivating my Gmail account and using a new ID , noone will know me to start after years of constant identity , like here id not enjot it f that cant be fixed ....i might just opt out and they can have one less member ,

sorry to complain here but i thought yall might get what im saying

Post subject: Re: Site tech updates
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:35 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Rimfire Central has done this to me twice.
I did not bother after the 2nd time. The site has become an atrocity of ad-ware and other junk that is simply not worth the trouble.

Similar situation at Marlin Owners forum. The ad-ware is very bad there now, and again, I just no longer bother with it.

This place here may get a little quiet at times, but at least it's more or less sane, compared to what's going on else-where...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:06 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Marlin Owners was bought by the same Canadian outfit that bought gunboards. They use the sites for click advertising.

I'm about ready to give the place up.

A site with a lot of history information and political discussion is military images dot net. A Brit site with not that many Americans. And the political discussion can get quite heated. Like don't get the Serbs started on WW1, or how the "poor Armenians" were treated in their recent war with Azerbaijan!

We get a lot of lurkers but not many joiners which doesn't disturb me too greatly. I think things are a lot more peaceful that way.

So I use the test forum for writing and have fun with the daily pics. SW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:37 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i did give up a whole lot of sites , you are right doc- this one is without the dumb adds and lets me know what ive read , i like that , as quiet as it may get i come back every day , i will continue to do so while able , wish more of the old members would jump in but ......i get it if they like something else these days ,