Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Merry Christmas!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:39 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

The day prior to Christmas started off well - after sitting in subzero temps for 4 days, Shep, the Wonder Dodge fired right up! I had parked it in a drift at the curb to keep the driveway open and figured I'd be stuck.

Nope - dropped it in gear and casually drove away. Since the alley is drifted over, I took several bags of household debris to a downtown dumpster. Flop Ears has been stuck in the house as long as the truck has been sitting so I took her for a drive.

Thought about a couple last minute items, but all the gro store parking lots were pretty well maxxed out. So we just drove around. Out south there were a few turks mooching at feed bunks. Dog didn't howl at them but did give them "elephant ears" and the stink eye.

Back to the house and dumped out more birdseed. For once, they've been cleaning up every particle I leave, so they get more. Wifey goes overboard making cookies this time of year... since we had a surplus, I broke a few up, and boy, did the squills ever like that!

Well, they gotta survive the nasty weather, too and more calories are better for that.

But everything's ready for the family tomorrow. I'll put a gi-normous turk in early. Salads and stuff are pretty well done.

It's great to be home for Christmas. I missed it so many times when I was railroading - but nevermore!

Best wishes to all of you for an enjoyable day with family! Merry Christmas! Steve

Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:01 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Merry Christmas!

Did a classic 12-14lb stuffed turk and it came out just great!
Haven't eaten much yet, other than a few bites of stuffing. One of our better Christmases.
I'll get a sit down with the food in a bit.

Hope all here get a relaxed Holiday, and good food...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:38 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i understand we are having ham , but thats not till friday , our family has too many bisected bits to get everything together perfectly every year so , we alternate around the other bits and this is our odd year out for either christmas eve or day , most of our family will be there along with my inlaw family , not perfect but better than nothing , it doesnt really bother me as i seldom if ever see my side of the family for a holiday , they are 300 miles south and thats mostly on I35 - not the best road when storms are moving this time of year thus i can just adjust to others ,

we have spent christmas eve at a church service that my daughter played violin [they did a number by "Tran Siberian Orchestra" that you all would recognize] that was fun save for the 60 mile drive to get there and same back in blowing snow/high winds ,

then we spent yesterday 'christmas' at the nursing home with my 90+MIL , that was actually very nice save the 50 mile drive there and same back in snow storm ,

we dont do new years stuff anymore , and i get to have a colonoscope the 2-3 of jan so that just tops off my bah humbug season fine