Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: international question , we have members in other countries
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:14 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

my wife asked a question this morning i never thought about but figured i could ask here -

she wondered if other countries are inundated in their media with adds pushing all the big pharma pills for common ailments ?

we here in the states see these adds that tout the pill to cure or control all sorts of things from allergies to STDs , they call for you to see your doctor and request the pills , most have a list of side affects that should turn everyone off but im certain if you were suffering from an affliction it might sound great as presented in the add , i was recently prescribed statins for cholesterol which i refused for two reasons - first the side affects and accumulated issues from prolonged use is unacceptable to me , second mine is just on the high side of normal which is common in my family history ,

so we were wondering if this was an amerrican thing or is it world wide effort to hook all of us on pills ?

Post subject: Re: international question , we have members in other countr
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:15 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

You ain't tried to get in to see a Dr. here by the looks of it :lol :lol

It's starting here a bit~ mostly with diabetic treatments.
There's the odd covid vax ad here too, but not much.
The american cable networks are full of what you describe, especially after 10 p.m.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:48 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

we here in the states see these adds that tout the pill to cure or control all sorts of things from allergies to STDs , they call for you to see your doctor and request the pills , most have a list of side affects that should turn everyone off but im certain if you were suffering from an affliction it might sound great as presented in the add , i was recently prescribed statins for cholesterol which i refused for two reasons -

first the side affects and accumulated issues from prolonged use is unacceptable to me ,

second mine is just on the high side of normal which is common in my family history , not uncommon at all these days , are the clinics getting paid by the prescription these days ?

i have been to the doctor a couple times this year - im not going unless i have to , i do understand the schedule they are on these days , i also know about 90% of what we fet here ae foreign folks these days , what is up with that ?
we cant get americans to be doctors anymore ? we cant be treated by american doctors anymore ? there are no americans willing to practice medicine anymore ? WHY NOT ??

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:11 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

In Belgium I couldn't buy Tylenol over the counter - I need an Rx for it! Asked at a C-store and got looked at like I was a stoner. Andrey covered for me. SW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:20 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Maybe it was the good Tylenol with the codeine in it?

I live on tylenol for my arthritis.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:51 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i would like to hear from some other countries on this , im still unsure how much indocrination they are getting - or is it just us US citizens they want to get addicted and kill with their drugs ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:58 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i only take tylenol or asprin or advil when my back goes out [in that order - one every two hours] and then only long enough to get to the chiropractor to get it put back , my arthritis isnt quite that bad yet most of the time so far ,

i have decided that they want all of us dependent on their drugs and if not that the ones coming across the southern boarder , neither of which im inclined to , i figure i got 10 to 15 years if im lucky here yet , not going to waste them on their pills nor spend my hard saved money on that till im needing it .....and then ill have to think on it , not sure life is worth the time if your messed up on drugs for the rest of your days , just me and my HO