[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - License Upgrade

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: License Upgrade
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:32 pm 
Radio Communications Officer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:35 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Congrats on the test! Yes, there is some pretty scenery around the DBQ area. I lived there for about two years. If you like hiking, biking, walking, I highly recommend the Heritage Trail.

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:10 am 

Yeah, I considered moving over to that area awhile back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:30 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:05 am 

Already purchased a new 25amp power supply and a $400 Kenwood HF radio. Moved my dipole antenna and made it into a inverted vee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:23 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:48 pm 

Imagine that...TVI (Television Interference) is quite common if you have regular TV and there is a ham nearby. FCC Part 97 rules state that the owner of the television responsible for any interference as long as the ham station is in good operating practices and legal power.

Stripperclip, Yeah I would like to see your old rig and I should be able to tell you about what it should do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:00 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Well the ham operator was almost responsible for eating a few knuckle sandwiches whn he transmitted over some sunday football games my Dad was watching :lol

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:37 pm 

I've been monitoring 40m today, lots of hurricane traffic. Also talking with several hams from around the world today via Echolink.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:26 pm 

Neat, and old Panasonic RF-4900. It even does SSB (single sideband) b/c it has a BFO knob.

If you had an okay antenna you would defiantly hear me on a good day/night.

Question is, do you know how to use that radio?

The Panasonic RF-4900 is a sophisticated shortwave communications receiver. Complete worldband coverage from 1.6 to 30 MHz is provided by eight bands. AM from 525 to 1605 kHz and FM band reception from 88 to 108 MHz is also supported. The double conversion superhet circuit provides good sensitivity and image rejection. Wide-Narrow bandwidth selector includes ladder-type ceramic filters to reduce nearby frequency interference. The BFO pitch controls ensures smooth SSB and CW reception.

Features include: ¼" Headphone Jack, S/Battery-Meter, RF Gain, ANL, Light, Bass, Treble, Speaker Jack, Two Tuning Speeds, Handles, Antenna Trimmer, Spinner Knob, Record Jack, Aux. Input Jack. The rear panel has multiple antenna input terminals and an SO-239 jack plus a ferrite antenna for MW.

Please note that the digital display operates on all bands. Operate from 120 VAC or eight D cells. 19 x 7.8 x 14 inches. 20 Lbs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:56 pm 

I wish I could chat with you....

It's a neat radio, heck just with a simple wire antenna you could pull in the world. If you have any kind of chat like ICQ, Yahoo IM, or AOL IM or anything like me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:44 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:28 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

so i can get my local talk radio show on that huh ?

ill have to post a photo or two of what i listened to at my grandfathers as a kid - yes i still have them , and yes they still work , table model is a 'silvertone' and the floor model is an 'atwater kent' i even still have the coil of copper wire we strung fron the kitchen window to the tree in the back yard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:02 pm 
Major
Major

.... .- ...- . .- -. .. -. . -.. .- -.-- :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:19 pm 

Have a nice day?

Post subject: morse???
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:32 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

-... .. - . -- .

:grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:11 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:15 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:23 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:42 am 

I've already had a lot of QSO's with people over the air waves.

So far I've worked:
Wisconsin, Michigan, Missouri, Oklahoma, Virginia, California, Quebec Canada, and Kansas.