[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Site maintainance contributions

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Site maintainance contributions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:07 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Friends,

In the beginning, we had not intended to solicit contributions, but given the economy and the fact that site maintainance costs have not decreased ( they have very much gone the other way) donations of any size will be SINCERELY appreciated!!

Bruce has been operating the place from his own pocket, and other admin types have also jumped in.

This being a small, close-knit group of die-hards and actual friends, sponsorship is not a viable alternative right now. Even the larger sites like Surplus Rifle and Gunboards are scrambling to keep and acquire sponsors.

But we are too few for any of those to notice us.

Please send contributions to:

Bruce Galambos
498 Lockport Ave SW
New Philadelphia, Oh. 44663

Thank you very much!!! :D

Steve

Post subject: Re: Site maintainance contributions
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:32 am 

I've just learned Bruce can take paypal or cc. Contact him privately for details. SW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:21 pm 
Opinionated Old Fart

...I'm up for $50 when I finish this job we're starting tomorrow...my cashflow's funny...but I ain't been laughin'...prolly be 10 days to finish it...I love this place...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:02 pm 

Tax time is upon us, and if any of you folks are due a nice refund, please consider a small contribution to Bruce. As mentioned in another sticky, site maint. will be going on soon, and operational expense increases are sure to follow.

I have talked him into dropping his subscription to all those wrestling magazines, so it will be well-spent! :lol ;)

Seriously... any contributions will be sincerely appreciated! 8-) SW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:36 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I can just send a check, right?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:38 pm 

Yep! :bigrin: Pretty much anything but S. American or African currency. Roubles will work! My bank redeems them so his should, too. SW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:09 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I have some money coming from a Nigerian diplomat, as soon as it comes in I'll send it off :bull: :lol

Seriously now.....I'll get some in the mail ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:46 am 

I'm going big this year! 8-)

zMoney1.jpg
zMoney1.jpg [ 72.56 KiB | Viewed 886388 times ]

zMoney2.jpg
zMoney2.jpg [ 114.35 KiB | Viewed 886388 times ]

I hope b hussein doesn't see this - it would fit right into his economic plans.

And I learned something... it's illegal to use Zim dollars in public terlets. Now that's a sad state of affairs when your currency isn't even good for terlet paper! Apparently the Zim prez didn't hear what happened to the German economy ca 1925... neither did b hussein. SW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:41 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

That diplomat must have sent you an email too! Haha

I did get a check in the mail....not sure what was appropriate....i sent 50.00....if I should send more, let me know please.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:57 am 

Bless your heart, young lady, and thank you very much!! :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:36 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

What is Bruce's user name. Gonna send some Paypal buckage.

Bern

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:44 pm 

Et2ss is him. When you look at his profile, there's links to contact information and his gun shop website.

My spies tell me he's knee-deep in tax returns right now & hasn't been around too much because of that. (I would have had him do mine, but he wouldn't let me deduct the rifles I bought last year! ) ;) :crzy: :rotflma:

Thank you very much, Bern!!! :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:09 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I told you I would write them off! The IRS might not like it though :P

In all seriousness guys, thanks for the help with the site support! I can do paypal. The addy for that is bruce *at* newphillysports.com

I must say you folks are what make this site great!

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:56 pm 

I have a chance to grab another small Italian rifle collection... can you make change for the 100 trillion dollar note? :crzy: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma:

I'll split wit'cha - send me 50 trillion & you keep the change! :lol :jmp: :jok: SW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:09 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Query

How is the site being paid for, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:41 am 

Another admin guy has it piggybacked to his work site. Been doing that for about 10 years now. Works just fine and no need to ask for contributions. SW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:51 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

If donations should be needed, let me know.