[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - PAYPAL - what is your thoughts ? do you use it ?

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PAYPAL - what is your thoughts ? do you use it ?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:20 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i tried it once a long time ago to secure a bayonet i had to have , it was overseas , i was successful and forgot about it , a while later i had a seller that would not take it , so i just left it lie - dormant ,

recently i had a buyer who would only use it , so i reactivated , he didnt pay , i should not have shipped without confirmation , ive done that often when i was comfortable with the buyer , but that is the ONLY one that ever stiffed me , he was in europe so you all need not worry much ,

now ive got a small amount of cash in the account from a recent rash of sales as a result of cleaning the storage areas , ive asked for a check - they say two weeks - is that reasonable when the deposits are made instantly from the folks i dealt with ? just wondering , im not upset or in a hurry ,

Post subject: Re: PAYPAL - what is your thoughts ? do you use it ?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:49 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I use it a lot for my ebay stuff, the fees are kinda high but what can ya do? And it is quick and easy, plus you are protected, you might want to check into it as you might be able to get something out of the guy that stiffed ya.

I have heard of some guys having to wait on their money, but it has never happened to me, it could be the reputation of the seller that causes the delay not sure ( I have a 100% positive that might speed it up) I get a notification of an instant payment and the money is available right then. My issue, and I think it is my bank is when I do transfer it to my checking account it takes 3-5 days for the money to show up. It is handy but they sure do charge you for the convenience, and not letting you buy guns with it is just wrong to me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:07 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thanks , that helps put perspective to it , im not really complaining im just wondering at a new experience in my life , ill continue with them ,

the guy that stiffed me pushed and pushed for me to reinstate the paypal - would not deal without it ,

i didnt realise it was still active till another buyer just made a deposit - he added the % for them without asking or telling me , a really nice guy who knew the program ,

the guy that stiffed me may not be a bad guy , i dont know , i shipped , without payment , my fault , had i waited id have gotten it or not shipped , wasnt a big amount - about $15 + shipping ,

i have had really good luck over last ten years with folks on the net , only one other unhappy and we settled it without problem , just a misunderstanding that was easily resolved ,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:33 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yes , i think what upset me today was i wanted to order a couple TV show DVDs and it wasnt permitted even tho the site was a paypal site ,

i think they have a few issues in that organization that i would like to confront but they are not available for that ,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:12 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I completely gave up on fleabay when they went paypal only. I'll pay by plastic on gunbroker for a seller with a solid rep but that's it.

I'll ship to friends here in a heartbeat as soon as they say they want something I have, but the rest of the world can just wait... well, except my friends in Italy... and Holland! ;) I do NOT trust those sneeky
russkys! 8-)

And never paypal. There's nothing I need that bad. SW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:01 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

I use it about every day.I even use it on gunbroker for everything but fire arms.Some people on there wont use it.
It works out great because if they pay with p/p you can print yourshipping label from there to.No typing in all the info,its already done for you.

I LOVE IT!!!

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:51 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

Before I buy anything I check eBay first to see if I can get a great deal so I use PayPal alot and I've never had a problem with it.
I do agree with Beerunner about it taking way to long to transfer money from your bank account to PayPal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:07 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...Ive only used it when it was pretty much the only way to get pay for something,and it hadda be something I really wanted/needed...I just dont like messin' with it....but thats just me... :roll: