[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - New Law for Indiana.

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:21 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:55 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:35 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I've been sorely tempted to use the k31 a time or two...

I wonder what a feller could get a Mosin bored out to?

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:24 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I heard about this back in may. Were they just proposing it then and just now finalized. This guy was talking of making a wildcat to use.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve ... /304106966

If only we could use rifles in Ohio.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:58 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Shotgunnin for deer is all we've ever known here in Iowa. :-?

Just too many farm's out in the countryside. It would be dangerous. :-(

I trust me, it's them I don't trust :twisted:

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:06 pm 
Major
Major

Now they really need to make a marlin in 480 ruger for you guys too use.

GG

Old Thor ain't got nothing on me.

Gungrubber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:22 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

You mean a "Flinchlock?" An eternity between pulling the trigger and discharge! Shotguns are pretty accurate out to 100-150 yards, if you have a rifled barrel. And they fire multiple shots without a 5 minute reload, especially if you have an auto. I use my A5 for close in work, and my rifled, ported, and cantilever scoped Mossberg 20GA. for sniping. Still not a milsurp, but you can be fairly accurate and deadly with them.I use my Desert Eagle at least half of the muzzleloader season. I wonder if anyone makes a lever action in .50 AE ???? :mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:18 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

At risk of stirring the pot a bit,a properly loaded "flinchlock" should'nt do that!-TR

Rome fell because it had a Senate-what will become of us with both a Senate and a House-Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:34 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Good info never stirs the pot, just expands the brain!!! I was exaggerating abit much. There is a slight delay, but it just seems longer since I am used to percussion caps. :salut:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:06 am 
Major
Major

I hunt with a flinter. my dad hunts with one of them cheater rifles

I think the guy who sold em to him called them inlines. :spbx:
Baahhh !!!! might as well be hunting with a cartridge rifle
they buy thier inline rifles use a blackpowder substitute in formed pellets
stuck on a twizzle stick on the back of thier fancy ballistic tipped bullet
use a shotshell primer for ignition and say their muzzleloader hunting

Why don't you just use a ray gun buck rogers!!!

you use a flint lock . maybe a cap lock.

You use black powder .

You use a lead projectile ball or conical

otherwise your cheating. And you are a muzzleloader PANSY!!!
Ok i'm done :rant:

GG

Old Thor ain't got nothing on me.

Gungrubber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:45 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Good idea there GG, do you know where I can get a ray gun. Just think no recoil and the deer don't get just wounded.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:35 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I've never gotten into the muzzle-loaders. I've got an uncle that does some re-enacting wants to get one, but I just haven't gone down that path yet. I've been temped to pick one up just so I have another deer season to go out and hunt in... But just never got around to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:40 am 
Captain
Captain

Primitive? Try use your hands...

Honestly, the most "Primitive" Ive EVER witnessed was my brother in law, Papa, who spooked a couple dozen Caribou off he beach, into the ocean, (Caribou have no adversions to swimming) ,after he ripped the shells case head off of his first shot in his '06 (he missed) and kept on them swimming for about 2 hours, throwing rocks and yelling, untill, one by one, he drownd 7 of them as they came to shore, himself. I saw him on the last , litterally sitting on her, and walked up wondering "WTH?" at the 1/2mile long dotting of "Meat".... I helped with the last two. I knifed them, proper, as I was smart enought to take my knife, when I went to look for Papa, (He awoke before us and took off) and then ,having the only knife between us, I was even smarter to loan it to him!! :grin: :grin:

NO :bull:

Last edited by ehailstone on Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:51 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Um... wow... simply... wow :!: