[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Antelope season follies

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Antelope season follies
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:26 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Got the train to Bill yesterday & caught a ride over to the motel. At the check-in desk, there was a big sign, "NO GUTTING GAME ANIMALS ON MOTEL PROPERTY!!!" And, "NO ANIMAL BODY PARTS ALLOWED IN MOTEL ROOMS!!!"

Since I stay there pretty much every other day, I know the counter people well enough to joke around a lot. I allowed that I had animal body parts in my cooler... and buns... and slices of cheeze... And had a bag o' Cheezy Poofs that hadn't been gutted yet...

She took it well and the story goes that 4 hunters from Austria rented 2 rooms. They had jumped through the hoops and had antelope licenses & rifles and ammo to burn.

This is Wyo, and you can't drive 2 miles w/o seeing goats. So they drove a mile east of the motel where they saw a gaggle of goats standing around looking stoopid and chewing on sagebrush.

Out came the rifles and carnage ensued. However many goats they could shoot died in a fusilade of rapid gunfire. Score: Austrians quite a few - goats: zilch.

Then, they "didn't want to offend the landowner" ( it's BLM land open for hunting) so they loaded the recently deceased & hauled them back to the motel where they removed the internal organs right behind the motel and mostly skinned them.

Not sure what to do next, they quartered the goats and put everything in their bath tubs. Mucho trips to the ice machine later, all the body parts were covered in ice. In the tubs. They discussed it & decided they had better not cover hide-on parts in ice or water & skinned out the quarters so covered. Right in the rooms they skinned them. :-o :crzy:

Think cat or dog hair is hard to get off the carpet? None of that can hold a stick to goat or deer hair!

I'm not sure whatever happened to the antegoat parts, but the Austrians left 2 days later... and the room cleaners wacked OUT! Blood & hair everywhere!

Then someone noticed a lot of flies... and a rancid smell... and multiple piles of internal organs.

The motel manager asked if the room cleaners would like to make extra $ by removing the fly-covered mess. "No. HELL no! Double no! NYET! No steenking way!" So motel manager guy had to do the deal himself and was not happy.

I'm wondering of the Austrian guys were smart enough to call the hometown bank & cancel their VISA cards & open new accounts. If not, additional charges were soon to follow.

Substantial charges! :-o

The front desk lady said cheeze boogers are all right in the room as long as they are already skinned. Rats! I thought I'd slide by! ;) :crzy: :rotflma: SW

Post subject: Re: Antelope season follies
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:43 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

Isn't there any meat processors around there. I can see where they can get irate over that.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:18 pm 

Yes - there are a number of processors in Douglas 40 miles away... the whole thing was just crazy. SW

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:05 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

a big YUK.....sounds like I-D-I-O-T-S with guns!.........what do they wanna do with all that goat meat anyway???is it THAT good?

I think I will stay with rib-eyes....... :bigrin:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:59 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Curried goat-pastries :lol

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:47 am 

Pssssst!! Meester! "Goat" is the local euphamism for antelope. Which greatly resemble goats. SW

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:24 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Mmmmmmmmmm

Curried Antelope Pastries :lol

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:56 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....sounds like sumthin' Gupta would sell on the side in his latest business venture :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:07 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Seen out of state hunters do some strange chit over the 30 years that I hunted out there, and I'm an out of state hunter. I wonder if the manager turned the Fish and Game boys on to these guys. We watched our old warden take away a Blazer, guns and equipment from some WI. guys for poaching muleys on the ranch. Took their Dept. of Corrections marked sidearms also, someone had some serious explaining to do once they returned to WI.
Hogger, you remember when Bill was a store, post office, coffee shop, bar, gas station all rolled into one and run by one family?
And hosted "The Bill Yacht Club".
Rebel49

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:45 am 

Yes, I do in fact recall that. Bill Yacht Club hats & Ts are still available over there. SW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:55 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Bill sounds a little like Aladdin up in Crook co. Don't blink going through or you will miss it.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member