Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oops!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:40 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Saw quite a drama at the motel where we stay at Bill, Wyo. Two out o' state hunters were being accosted in the parking lot by a deputy, game warden and very irate land owner.

Seems they had been cruising one of the remote dirt roads & shot 2 nice mulie bucks. Without consulting the BLM map to see if it was open to public hunting. Land owner saw them - they saw him and lit out for Bill. Landowner called home & had wifey call the gendarmes - who were waiting @ Bill. There are only so many roads & you often wind up in Bill whether you want to or not.

In this part of the world, landowners count on hunting season for extra income. I've heard some ranches charge 4 figures per gun per day, and people line up in the road to pay it. I know one ranch out there only lets people in every 5 years. They put out mineral blocks & the bucks grow enormous hat racks. I don't even want to guess what the guy charges to hunt.

The hunters were arguing strenuously they had been on BLM ( public hunting) ground, but it didn't look good for them.

Come all the way from back east - pay the big out of state hunting license charge - see nice deer - assume they aren't on private property - get to meet local law enforcement - pay BIG fines - possibly lose their rifles - and the deer.

And those were two HONKER mulie bucks. I mean big!

I always ask permission. Always. Road hunting doesn't pay. SW

Post subject: Re: Oops!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:04 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

When I hunted out there the "trespass Fee" was what the license cost. Then in 04 it went up to $300, and I said enough. $195 plus $10 for the stamp for out of state Antelope and the an addititional $300. Just got a little to rich for my blood, and now being retired ( retarded more like) the $10 stamp is all I could afford.
I would still love to go hunt Antelope, every year I get the itch in January to put in for a license, then reality sets in.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:23 am 

Hunting is big biz. Cabelas has bought up the rights to places I hunted daily when I was in HS. And it does take all the fun away. I still get to hunt turkeys on a whenever I feel like it basis. I think it's mostly because there are so many turks & they do poop all over stuff... and the landowner is a retired railroader... and I worked with his cuz back in the day... and I speak hick pretty well ;)

It never fails to amaze me how much some people will pay to hnt goats. SW

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:40 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

I haven't paid a trespass fee since 1985. A group of us went deer hunting on a ranch up by Hulett. Last general deer tag was in 04 and it was just shy of $300. Grabbed NR doe tag after that for $34 and you could get 4 of them in NE WY.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:58 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

always best to get permission , here if you get caught with too many fish you loose your gear , your boat and your vehical , have to imagine that a hunting infraction would result in the same