[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Turkey season

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Turkey season
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:46 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I've got the itch bad but the roads where I hunt are still too crappy. (I dream of stuff like this! - really!) :bigrin: SW

37292001.jpg
37292001.jpg [ 157.5 KiB | Viewed 6071 times ]

Post subject: Re: Turkey season
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:46 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...from that snowstorm???....strange how the news media has barely-if at all-covered it...I hear lotsa frozen cattle and towns buried by it in surrounding states near you... :roll:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10 ... -about-it/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:00 pm 

It was still way crappy today. Snowing & blowing a lick. Got in a van @ 4AM & rode out to N Antelope for a train. The storm had trashed power lines and no electricity there. We hung out in the van there 4 hours & finally it was decided the problem wasn't going to get resolved any time soon.

Back to Bill & into another van for the ride all the way home. 10.5 hours on duty & never touched a train.

Cattle? Yeah - saw some of that. Storm blew down mucho fence & a bunch of cattle migrated onto the track west of Lusk, Wyo. About 25 are still there. The coyotes, badgers, eagles and skunks are eating well.

Rained a lick here in town but no more branches down. SW

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:08 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...dang....I feel bad....it was around 75 here today....mowed the lawn after work-hopefully the last time this season...

:lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:18 pm 

More of algore's global warming... but if it's warming, why so much snow? algore is an idiot. SW

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:10 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Great-Niece lives outside of sundance,Wy, up near Rad's property. She said they had Feet of snow and no power for 3 days. Took them two days to round up the cattle and calves. Reckon NE Wy. and NW South dakota got hit hard. Didn't see reports from anywhere else.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:46 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I hope the wet was not enough to cave the roof of my shed in.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:44 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

She just said it was Feet of snow out there Rad. She's only about 4-5 miles east/ne of your place.
She threw a picture on my FB page last night of the road outside of Lead, two lanes wide and then straight up for about what looks like 20 feet.
I Just hope it didn't mess up your shed. She said a couple of days after the storm it was 60F, still will take some time to melt that amount of snow though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:32 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Weather over here is really crazy.
Saturday was sunny & dry. Worked in the yard in T-shirt. Sunday we had a huge rainstorm all day long. Today is chilly & grey.

Hunting season has started, they had some nice meat at the shop.
Bought some venison steaks and some wild boar. The deer was great ! Froze the rest for later.
I have a standing order with some hunters at the range to get me a smallish pig, but no luck yet ...

BRGDS, A

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:09 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

we are moving in on deer season - its been a zoo at the range these past couple weeks - and will be for three more