Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Didn't actually go hunting...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:07 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

But I got everything lined up! Took my main man, LarryBob over to hometown, Nebr this morning & out to where Dad used to live.

Folks that bought the place from me remembered my mug. (It's a small town). Anyway, after catching up on current events, I got permission for me & LarryBob to hunt deer & turks there.

Dan & his wife are good people & asked if I'd like to hunt the place just down the road. "Why, sure!" "Want me to call Mike & ask for you?" I know Mike well but jumped on the offer. "You bet!"

"Say, Mike, Steve want to know about hunting..." "Well, if he hunts turks, he better kill a bunch of 'em - all they do is crap on my tractors! Kill a bunch of those damn whitetail, too! They climb a bale pile & pi$$ all over it!"

So we get to hunt the home place and a big farm!

It was a good feeling to know I'm well thought of in the community! So when we go over & whack some turks, I'll have a Chilis or Crapplebees gift card for Dan & Mike.

Black powder deer season is all of Dec in Nebr & I'll wait til then to whack a deer. Both fellows hate centerfire season - people from out of state or back east driving around without permission shooting stuff. Bow deer season is on right now & LarryBob will try to stick one. Shouldn't take much.

Turk season starts the 15th. We can download 2 permits & each is good for 2 turks. In Dec, I'll just try for a small doe - I'm just after good meat.

It's an ideal place - well removed from the road - ideal habitat - right next to a circle of corn & another of beans. Turks can pound both down & loaf in a big grove rest of the day.

Come on, 15th!!! :jmp: SW

Post subject: Re: Didn't actually go hunting...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:34 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

16th here for Ruffies and Sharptails. I can't wait for it to get here....

Do need to get some shooting time in- haven't done any serious trigger work since early May and am likely a bit rusty.

Good luck with the 'Lurkey's Steve. I am fortunate here that I don't need the botheration of landowner permissions for grouse, wabbits and deer...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:54 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Sounds like a winner Steve. I sure miss hunting out west. Just can't afford a trip just now. I also need to get mu a$$ to the range and get some shooting done before our deer season starts after thanksgiving. I just hope to see a deer this year. Lots of deer around but if they don't cross my path I can't shoot one.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:09 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well - i didn't actually go hunting this weekend either - i am very pleased to hear that your situation is a fondly thought of one , mine was not -

on my way to work yesterday i got my deer , a great big doe , i have no license , no dooe permit and i dont hunt deer , im OK with venicine but not anything i set my sights on yesterday ,

she jumped into the front of my truck - least wise the driver quarter panel and that took the grill and a bit of the hood , im not happy to say the least - kill the deer

it is derivable but i lost a headlight and im not liking the new contours of my truck , ill let you know how this unfolds

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:06 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

YUP...do that once, tore my truck grill out....killed the doe instantly~ but I was dressed in good clothes, and it was dark, and snowing....so I gave it to wildlife ocifer there........repaired the grill and chrome later.....

marc n tomtom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:43 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

sposed to get fixed next week ,