[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Chip won't be around for a while...

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chip won't be around for a while...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:12 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I was watching 'Life Below Zero' tonight & saw Chip was sentenced to 15 months jail for 2 counts of perjury. I tried to find details online but don't completely understand what's going on.

In any case, Chip could use your prayers. I wouldn't mind putting together a care package, but I don't know where he is or what he can receive in the mail. SW

Post subject: Re: Chip won't be around for a while...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:20 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Didn't know it was back on. Is it still on Discovery? Haven't seen any ads for it there. Sure beats Alaskan Bush People, which is heavily scripted to the idiocy side...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Edit: Found it on-line~ Nat Geo's got it this coming Thurs at 9 central :P

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:41 am 

Yes, the new season just started on Discovery. And I agree about "clown town". What a bunch of posturing idiots. "Extreme" idiots!

I mean best wishes for the mom who has been diagnosed with cancer, but as far as the rest... they are legends in their own minds. :roll: SW

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:23 am 
The Knife
The Knife

A few years ago one of the ASTs was trying to screw one of Chips young daughters and they ended up charging Chip with perjury after they altered to audio tape of the interview to make it look like he lied to them. He just never could get enough money together to proceed with an appeal.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:48 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Nat Geo had a marathon of last year's LBZ last night, and I fell asleep watching...

Hopefully the show producers will take a hand in getting this thing resolved~ they should, just based on the ad revenue the show brings in...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:57 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

my prayers are with chip , im not fully aware of what occurred but im sad to hear it bit him in the A$$ hopefully this will sort itself out , if there is something i can contribute i will , i do not have any contact info at all , LIFE IS GOOD , its a perspective ive grown fond of ,

im remembering back when - there was a song that seemed to be a protest at the time but one line runs thru my head regularly "thank you lord for thinkin bout me , im alive and doin fine" i wish that for chip and everyone here ,

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:47 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...that song would be "Signs" by the 5 Man Electrical Band.... :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:38 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thats right , signs , signs , every where the signs , blocking out the scenery ...

i remember more but most of it was not things that stuck in my head , i was way more into the doors and janis in those days - and of course the outlaws - waylon , willy and david allen , but i suffered linda ronstadt and carly simon well enough , i always liked joe cocker too , ive always liked the dixyland my father loved and the big band/swing era my mother liked as well , some lines of lyrics and rifts from those get into my head once in a while ,

i think as i get older im more inclined to certain ones - wonder what will stick in the dementia era if i get there ...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:04 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:04 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ewww , not looking forward to that , it would be just my luck to get something 'stuck' that i did not want to hear and something else i did not want to hear along with it ,

hope chips OK , i wish only the best for him an his family , they are nifty people from his posts that i think i'd like to meet one day , all these years and so many of you i wish id had the chance to meet in person , i know ive missed so much fun and information , glad we have had this forum to share so much ,