Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Turkey #1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:13 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Got the 1st 2017 turk yesterday! Camera was dead so no pics this time. It's in the crock pot now & will be supper! :bigrin:

Please pass the gravy!

One down & 3 to go. Season goes until Jan 31 so plenty o' time. SW

Post subject: Re: Turkey #1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:12 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i have a couple in my lawn regularly that you can have - only problem is im in the middle of town and the ordinance prohibits gunfire , i think a baseball bat is an option with this bunch tho ,

glad you have a good start , keep on hunting , we need to conserve on our wildlife by controlling the populations - or so our DNR says about the wolves - wont let them be hunted and have over twice the population they wanted already , good management seems really not the first priority , funding is first , second is coddling the urbanites that think they know wildlife , and third is more funding by tax schemes , fourth is catering to the local tribes which i dont mind as much as the previous three except for some of the political BS that is causing our loss of use of the local resources ,

we cannot shoot wolves , we cannot fish the best walleye lake in the state and we are restricted on shooting those brown devils that attack cars and trucks on a regular basis as well as present this stupid chronic wasting disease that we now have tpo test for , used to be natural food was good food if you could get it - now not so much - good or attainable ,

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:03 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Alright, Hogger! :grin:

Wifey got a electric slow cooker in over the summer. It works wonders on really tough cuts like chuck blade roasts...

It almost looks big enough to hold a smaller wild turkey.
Was lookin at frozen rock Cornish game hens in the store today- 11 bucks a pop for a fist sized bird. The grouse I hunt are bigger than that!

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:25 am 

I didn't cramb the whole turk into the crock pot - just the leg quarters and breast meat I cut away from the bone. Marinated in teriyaki and some dry wine overnight.

Wifey was busy on the phone with family drama - that thankfully doesn't include us - so I made my own gravy.

2 cups of turk juice (added more later to thin) from the cooker - 1/2 can cream o' chicken soup - spoon of margarine & a scoop of flour. Turned out pretty darn tasty!

I've no doubt Mario has a much better recipe, but for a special needs chef like me, I was way happy with it. :bigrin:

Deer season ends tomorrow night so I can get serious about shooting 3 more. SW