[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Wyoming Antelope

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wyoming Antelope
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:37 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I've just returned from Wyoming and thought I'd share a picture or two about my Pronghorn hunt. I planned on three days but took it within 1.5 hours of the start of the hunt using my Ruger M77 in 6.5X55 - 160 grain bullet, Hirtenberger ammo. Distance was 165 yards.

Image[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:56 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:41 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

It was taken on a ranch close to Douglas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:26 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Went out to do some test shooting after a friend bought a new toy at the gun show. we were about 5 miles out of Great Falls and there was a whole herd of antelope, must have been almost 20 of them.

I haven't got my license switched over to Montana yet so I won't be hunting this year but I have heard that antelope meat wasn't that great anyway

they make great trophies though.

so come on up to MT and do some hunting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:16 pm 
Captain
Captain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:29 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Actually it was 135 yards, I was exagerating ;) That is pretty close for antelope but this one wanted to be harvested :)

My rifle was sighted to be dead on at 200 yards and I was expecting a 200 - 250 yard shot. If you look closely at the picture you can see the exit wound about 3 inches higher than ideal. That was due to my excitement and not compensating for it being so close in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:13 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Yep, that's where we hunted, just outside of Douglas about 25 miles north. Out on Walker Creek road, used to be good hunting in that area. Well maybe someday I'll get back out there and do some hunting again.
Rebel49

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:54 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

..... :oops: ....geez.....I saw the post and thought "cantalope..." :roll: :ow: :str: :jok:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:24 am 
The Knife
The Knife

That is a nice looking speed goat you have there. I only hunted antalope once back in 1978 and he just stood and let me take a second shot at him. I hunted a ranch up by Kaycee. I thought the steaks weren't too bad but the burger had a strong sage taste plus the rut was on. Usually made chile out of the burger. Here is a pic of my little goat.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:55 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:39 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice , now i got a face too , it looks like you had a bit of spare time that trip [1.5hrs] what did you do with that ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:31 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Looks like fun! Man I wish I could go out and do that one of these days!

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:53 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

A-Square,what did I do with the remaining two days I allocated for the hunt?

Well, I thoughtI'd shoot some coyote but got stuck into a prairie dog town and for some reason could never leave it until I'd expended all my ammo :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

why not ....they do tend to hold your attention dont they ? just keep poping up out there , great fun ,

BTW , last weekend i was talking to my mother and she informs me i have relatives in capetown S.A. , my family name in scotland was Inglis , seems one of the girls married a Finlay and ended up there ,