[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Ship it to Alaska

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ship it to Alaska
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:08 am 
Captain
Captain

Well, I wrote this up om Gunboards, and did it again here, only to get signed out and my work lost......sooooooooooooooooooo I jus copyed it straight from The ammobunker at the "Boards, 'acuse I aint doing it again! Mind you, almost 1/2 is shipping nowdays.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Thus;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, I just blew 2 days getting up an ammo order,from a fool in Oregon, like 2,700$ worth of Albainian 7.62X54R, at 50$ a 300rd tin..... getting a bank to bank transfer together from Kotzebue (our nearest bank) 60 miles North and called him to confirm his #'s and delivery to UPS. Then I figured out he was a fool.
I buy ammo, mostly in bulk, and though the shipping sometimes matches the price of what Im buying, Living here is WORTH every cent. UPS, FedX, and most major cargo companys, as well as Barge service get what I want to me, no problemo. Ups will even do the hazmat paperwork, if a trucking company hasnt already.
Pack it proper (3 times= bullet case, box its in , case or carton holding said boxes of loaded said cartrige cases, same as when it landed on our shores.)
Well, and when I called the guy, he said "Nobody ships to Alaska, only the in US" Hmmmmmmm. He had said Ups would pick it up. "Did you call ups? the'll pick it up and plaster stickers all over it, you just sign the line" "Oh ya, talked with them, Its gotta be in America, they don't do foreign orders" I asked "Even to Alaska?" his respons was "well, your not in the US" so saiz I;" Look I'll call the UPS and send them over, maby they misunderstood" "No, cant do it, you have to be an American to buy ammo from my country"
So I figure to educate him...."Alaska is in the US, and a state at that." "well, I dont know about that...." and at that I hung up. If he dont think were a state, he is way too stupid to sell to me. The next call was to the bank and a cancelllation on that deal...cost me 29$.

Folks, Companys, Alaska is a State, for those who dont know.A shoot'r friendly state if ever there were one.
Cut us in half, and Texas would be the third largest state.
Buy a pistol, put it in your pocket and walk out of the store. We have conceled carry laws same as Vermont.
If you want class 3, and you qualify, AK laws says the CLO MUST sign.
We own more guns per capita than the rest. More women own guns here , perpotionatly than the rest.
Nearly 1/2 of all our visitors BRING guns with them.
We burn ammo by the pound and by the ton.
If someone in Alaska wants to buy ammo, you have the easy part.....deliver it to UPS if they dont pick it up, and let'er rip.Its the Alaskan that bears the real burden when it comes to cost,"shipping" is a dirty word 'cause it aint cheap to move things anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:43 pm 
Captain
Captain

This time last year I ended up with like 18 cases of Czech at 58$ per 800 and 52$ on shipping, and variuos other calibers,...

Olarisaka and I have noticed a TOTAL lack of decent Surp.
Czech is nonexistant, .233 is astronomical and 7.62X51 is 50cents a shot "IF" you can find it..

Im lucky for the 9,000 .223 I got this time last year, its 30$ a box of 20 in the store, and Im thinking of price heere...picked up Wolf , at 119$ per 1,000( bulk price) and Seiler/Bellot .223 for 170$ per 1,000 about Nov last year

Wolf is 200$ + if you can find it, and S&B is 300$ a wack.
Cheap Bulgarian is Heavy ball and from what Ive been reading, split'n and not so accurate. I figured Id be all over that albainian, but OH FREEKIN WELL......
Im just gonna buy something else. I was smart enough to call a couple friends and let them call the guy, seems my bud in Vermont has it on the way..... :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:02 pm 
Captain
Captain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:43 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Reminds me, I heard a think about people in New Mexico being told they weren't a part of the country...

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:44 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Hailstone,
Checkout MAGTECH ammo.Made in Brazil,very high quality at good price in .223 etc.I just recieved 25 cases via our buying group "WorldWide Distributors".I know we have members in Alaska so WWD is used to shipping there.Large enuff orders would go direct without having to ship from WWD wharehouse.Not sure where nearest member to you is located in AK but might be worth checking out.I'll try and find out for you if I can remember when in the office.
John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:29 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:36 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:59 am 
Captain
Captain

Prices are soaring oon everything here, as they are for you fellas, I'm sure.
We get a few of us together and go in on ammmo orders, bulk shipping rates really save a few $$ in the end, and discounts on the ammo its'self can be had.

Sure would hate to see the price of ammo double in the next year, again, I just have to make a seriouse hedge against that..

I need more ammo.

Post subject: mememememeeme.................
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:08 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

i think 22's will be your next cal of choice!!!

i reload my 7.5x55 and have a few laying around~use it to stay deer legal. but 22's have been doing everything lately for me..... :-?