[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Going home

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Going home
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:45 pm 
Captain
Captain

Long week away from home.....and its there Im headed :grin: :grin: :grin:
Been in Kotzebue since last night, but I just might make a late flight.
Saw thousands of Caribou, some wolves, lots of "Nature" in general.Lots of picts when I get 'em downloaded.
Had the Flu for 3 days as well, in the tent, I stayed...uhhhhgh...though my wife covered my butt there...."Work" they call it....... hahahahahahha!!!!!!!!Now if I can just get ahold of that woman...... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:47 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

have a good - safe trip :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:14 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Travel safe.

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:57 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

you there yet ? how much further ? i gotta stop and use the.........i know shoulda gone before we left :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:30 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Are we going the right way? These trees look awfully similar!

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:42 pm 
Captain
Captain

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

I made it!

Got here late last night, though it took a week longer than I could stand.

Hey, gotta get busey when you can!
I am secure now for food, and some spare $$$$, got some moving to do ,again, to a much larger house and Ill get my loooooooong winters nap in :grin: so were looking at X-mas gift buying now....and I think the wife got me a dandy ol' boom stick boxed up here......I'll just have to have a peek when shes not lookin'...... ;)

Ok, I'll catch up later.

Hailstone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:31 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

lucky guy - think im gettin the 'lump of coal' my folks always hinted at :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:15 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I bet she got you an MAS-36! *EVERY* guy wants one for Christmas! I know I do! :lol :lol :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:21 am 
Captain
Captain

Now just where is my camera???!!!

Now shes just let me at it and it is.......
Ok, OK, ......

"" SVT-40!!!!""

Dang, I knew she was all over that. She kept asking me what I thought about it......"Is it REALLY good?" she asked a 1/2 dozen times....sure looks good.Great wood, Refurbed real nice, sharp- shiny bore and all. 1940 Izvesks with a couple Tula starred parts on the trigger group, Very Soviet...Read they fired up the production in the fall of that year, and Tula small parts are not unusual.
All that matters is that the bullet ends up where it is intended, repeatedly. ;) This baby is gonna get a 5 rd mag for the job, and It'll load with strippers.

Came from E2tss, and it is as advertized. ;)

Now if I can get some time inna next few days to shoot it, we have 3 kina light ball to test it with.. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:15 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Can you block the existing mag down to 5 rounds? Or do you have to have a cut down one? I say one on GB the other day, wanted to cry when I saw it

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:44 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

CONGRATS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:24 am 
Captain
Captain

Welllllllllllllll.........since you ask Et2ss....
I bought new hacksaw blades, sandpaper and some paint..... :P

Im gonna chop the original mag to be flush with the stock, saw off the mag release so I can shoot with strippers loading only....(more sporting)

Its still "Complete" with the original mag in it........

Im gonna put a notch in the reciver for the scope, (the Sniper config will make it more accurate) in case I find an original so I can mount it untill I make it better too, with a few mods....

I'll take off the rear sight and mount a scout scope for now, cut off the muzzle break, file in a better pistol grip and cap it, with some relief carvings below the forend , with checkering and an inlay of my initials...

I'm gonna cut the ring off the front sight and shorten the buttstock for its new recoil pad....

Im gonna paint it cammo and mount a piccatinny forend for my flash lights and bipod, as well as my game camera mount so I can record the action....

I have this idea for a smoother trigger job.....

Im... gonna....(GasP!) arrrrrrghhhhh... ahhhhhhhhhh

Agnes...that hurt..... ;)

Last edited by ehailstone on Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:09 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ooouch - had me going for a miniute - thought all had gone insane in the great white north - thank got youve got a good woman there to keep things on the straight and narrow
out of curiosity - just what camo pattern were you contemplating ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:44 pm 
Captain
Captain

:P :P
I bought some Accrylic "White" paint for my own "Polar Bear" pattern of 'white on white'......some orange florecent paint for the front sight, too....
Ill just spray on some brown Rustolem in the spring, to protect it from the salt water with 5 or 6 coats of "Protection"

Yaaaaaaaaaa............ ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:28 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

while you're at it man, get a little 410 and weld it to the side, that way your extra versatile! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:09 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I've heard that the new 'Arctic Dazzle' camouflage pattern consisting of Hot pink, Chromakey Green & Blue and bright yellow painted in an overlapping Image pattern will really confuse the prey. They won't know if you're coming, going or just looking for a cup of coffee & a cigarette. :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:50 am 
Captain
Captain

Yaaaaaaaaaaa..........

The wife might have that pattern on some underwear.... :P

Honestly, this baby is gonna stay "issue", though, if it turns out accurate enough, it WILL hunt with us. Thats the way I keep my Mosins, and all such milsurp.

Really, and this is a "High point" Agnes turned up; A fast 10 7.62X54R could turn a Brown Bear into a lot of Steaks, quick like, or keep out a lota Zombies 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:08 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

The SVT40 will keep your arm from getting tired when the Zombies do come :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:35 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Note on my above camo post, in order for the 'dazzle' to be truly effective you must wear one of these.

Along with this outfit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:49 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General