[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Where to hunt today

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where to hunt today
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:30 am 
Captain
Captain

Check it out. Tagged Caribou beeping stuff to satlites.Each dot has a LOT of Caribou with it :grin: :grin: :grin:
http://www.wc.adfg.state.ak.us/index.cfm?adfg=game.wah
Meat and fur.
LOTS of animals, just to the South of us, heading West :D maby 50,000 back there.
Now the trick is to watch a herd of Caribou, just watch them, save making meat for the last day....drive out and up high before the light comes, and glass all day, just circling the top of the mountain. Watch and see whats following or bugging them.
I like to establish a round trip and put some fox traps on that trail.
Man, I need COLD so the ice will thicken, its still open everywhere, and fur to prime.... Winters later this year than last.
Trapping opened today, but its not good yet. Gonna try hard this year, my arm is good.
We need ice here for a good two weeks before it snows, thick safe ice. Then to get it smoothed out and ready to ride :D :D :D :D :D

I think this winter is looking up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:46 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

wow - didnt know they tracked them this way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:36 pm 
Captain
Captain

The Pink one is about 40 miles due south of my approxamet living quarteres.....along the "Continental Divide" actually. 2-3 hours away with good snow, a "Sleep" or two if a fellow wants to stay and hunt. Good camping right now anyway, no storms yet.

These are Caribou that came down from the North slope and will meander for quite a bit, their about a month lather than usual, but they have come :D They will wander North again in April/May.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:16 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

two days sleepout and good hunting , it sounds like a fun outing to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:38 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

they are exactly the same size that was inserted into each of us at birth - it will light up on the day they wish to track you - which is comming soon my friend ..............in case anyone is wondering - im making tin foil hats and selling them for a dollar -two ninty- eight plus tax , order soon , its not too late , YET :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:11 pm 
Captain
Captain

They go about in style....

Necklaces, with a long life batterie and a reward if we turn them in...

All kina animals walk and swim with these..Muskox, Wolves, Moose Walrus, Beluga whales , Lynx, ect....
Its weird to catch an animal thats been caught before...feels like were harrassing them in some way, but sicence gets info for all our benifit, so I just sigh.....

Gives us an idea where some Caribou may be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:53 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:26 pm 
Captain
Captain

LOl!

I get the attitude... ;) Seems Im intruding on their peace,as someone else before m and I then kill them anyway....
I feel like any animal I catch, that has been caught before, must look at me like some "Alien abduction' :lol :lol
I dont think too much about Fish with net marks, as they are now and then,, but wounds on animals hold my intrest. Life is Rough...

My brother in law , Amil, collects wolf collers and decorates an arch in his house with about 10 of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:46 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

not sure you did catch it - please be aware that i think you should harvest all you can by any means to feed your family and those in need around you

im sometimes to much toung-in-cheeck , i was mostly concerned about the sensitive ego of the poor caribou who have to wear the "necklace" can you imagine the self esteem loss that could cause ?
im sure there are a fgew that will be relieved at finaly getting to come out of the 'closet' but there are those that will be forced by government regulations to become something they would not choose to be ,
im concerned that they get preferential treatment and others of their kind may see them as "diferent" and some may consider them a "stoolie" and in the end we may damage the sensitive Psyche of these majestic animals

on the positive side - i like you can track them and i bet they taste real good , so get out there and cull that heard ,
I AM ON YOUR SIDE is what ive been trying to say - no flame from me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:06 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:18 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General