Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: berrys galore
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:02 pm 
Captain
Captain

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, the "crop" has finally ripend
These are "Ukpiks", also called "Salmon berrys", 'cause they look like a cluster of Salmon eggs, I'd venture to guess.

Any way, they are mild in flavor and stuffed with vitamen "C".
We pick about 40 gallons of these to get us through the year and they go well with most everything.

Today was just the start, and were absolutly SWAMPED with work to do, I wish I were hunting, but I have meat/fish/whale to watch and get cured and stored, before I can go out again

theres a sprinkling of ripe Blueberrys too, though they are about 2 weeks away from being pickable.

Thats how it go's and with our freezer already full, I'm figuring to just buy another, if I can manage an extra 1,000$ some way. Im just gonna dig a bigger hole and bury a bunch, atop permafrost, as a "Natural" freezer, and unearth them when it cools to freezing days in September.
Something more to work for I figure

Hailstone

Edited by: ehailstone at: 7/30/07 4:04 am

yockey5

Catman Jack
(7/30/07 2:00 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Berrys galore
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who is that pretty woman you have doing all the hard work for you?????

Congrats on the full freezer! Winters are long and cold, so a guy needs the harvest to be able to enjoy it.
Geboren om oude geweren te kopen

Have a nice day, unless you have other plans.

ehailstone

Caribou Hunter
(7/30/07 3:31 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

Doing all the hard work? Thats us , RELAXING!!!!! were just checking out the berry patch and bringing home a couple a buckets for dessert, for 10 people. Thats our "Time together" thing. The work never stops.

Pretty, and hard working, thats that Wife, also known as "Master slave driver", and belive me, if Im slackin' shes yelling! Whip crackin', order barking, labor driving "Mom"

Truley, we have 7 kids, and if you dont already know that THEY are a freezer emptying, money draining, constant attention getting crew, well come on up for a spell.....I could use a year or so off

What in heck would I do without them? Maby sleep more?
Have money? Do something other than Hunt/Fish/Gather???

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Hailstone

MasterCork

Corkster
(7/30/07 4:32 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

Chip,
Makes me want fresh wild berries! You are so right, they go on about anything.
I bet you are working hard, all that meat curing must be driving the bears crazy. But you a cure for them.
Cork

A square 10

Cold Country
(7/31/07 4:33 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

those look tasty , always fun to see you folks smiling , and it seems theres always food involved

Gatsbye53

Hawkeye Corn Husker
(8/4/07 8:53 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

Hmmmm... berries... I loves the berries!

We used to have a real nice and old Mulberry tree growing at the far back of our land in a fence line. Till one day the feller renting our land cut it out.

I was furious. His explanation was that birds eat the berries, then sit on the fence line and "redeposit the seeds out" and fills up your fence line. Seems funny that we only had one Mulberry tree growing in all the fence.

Thinking about it again gets me hot under the collar. Makes me want to go dig a trench in his yard and explain to him that the dog told me to do it.

At least nobody's gonna come cut your berries out up there! Do you get any mulberries up that way? I've heard of Salmon berries before, and have always wanted to try them. Ever heard the orange ones called Russian berries?s

~~Where did all these zombies come from? Looks like were gonna need more 7.62x54R!~~

<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:10 pm 
Grand Pooh-Bah
Grand Pooh-Bah

Fixed your pics hailstone. When adding pics to post or signature put [img]in%20front%20of%20image%20properties%20and%20close%20with[/img]. Don't forget the / or it won't work.