Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Some action before lunch......Both vids
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:04 pm 
Captain
Captain

ehailstone

Some action before lunch......Both vids
[link=s53.photobucket.com/albums/g71/edwardhailstone/?action=view&current=148319fb.flv]Image[/link]

[link=s53.photobucket.com/albums/g71/edwardhailstone/?action=view&current=4d2ca167.flv]Image[/link]

This was our morning, though the camera asnt behaving as well as it could, I still caught this, and the son got 2

I'm recharging the batteries, and I'll post a bit more inna while

HerrMario
......neat rock formations too at the beginning(must be the goelogist in me )-but I wanted to smack at those buzzing flies at the end... .........and hows this for spooky- had my wifey watch this....she says "his voice sounds just like yours..." ..........must be a good thing....

ehailstone
Mosquito's are the State Bird, Herr Mario
That buzzing you hear is their "Song"

I guess Im used to them, they dont even rais e a bump anymore and we all wear hoods to keep them outta our ears.

The second vid FINALLY downloaded, and the end result of a neck shot with my SAKO

The rock formations are bent, twisted and up heaved sedimentarys that are a type or schist over volcanic pumice over sea bed sandstone, all squished and contorted. Strange stuff, allright.

Hailstone

HerrMario

....dang it-the first one aint workin' anymore....says it no longer exists...?????

ehailstone
Indeed................

well, I'm loading up this last few hours of riding...we used a spotting scope from the bluff and drove out to the STINKIEST dead floating walrus you ever met!
There were even Mosquito's there

I'll get'er back up soon, I may have done something strange to photo bucket, or the other way around

With Botophuket, you never know............

Hailstone

A square 10
very interesting , nice shot too

gungrubber
nice shot hailstone.

lunch time!

GG

ehailstone
That really wasnt too hard of a shot, about 150 yards away, from above the beach. there were two, but quick as lighting, they both blasted up the draw they were standing next to. Not being able to run up and down the draw before me, we just headed down to the beach while the 2nd fella went up on the Tundra. Cant get them all
two other Caribou down the beach had our attention as well, and we went on to catch them. Unfortunatly, the batteries were onb the fritz, though I think I'm gonna toss the one I have as a friend gave me the same type, and they are holding a charge quite well.
One shot , one kill, though its average, sometimes it dont work out so well. This fellas lungs were plumb full of blood, and his spout of a nose of his really left a bloody trail. I made a good deep arterie shot there, though an inch higher would have blasted his neck bone. No wasted meat there Just like cutting his throat!

Hailstone

MasterCork
Chip,
Good shot at 150 yards.
Hit like that I am surprised he took a step, guess it is those FMJ's you use, but he did not go far so it is good hunt.
He looks really fat as you noted.
So freaking hot here all you can do now is scout some trails and keep an eye open for rattlers and copperheads.
Cork

yockey5
Nice bou!!!! If they are as tender as you say, I would be tempted to have a good piece of steak right then and there! i always have liked my meat on the bloody side.
Geboren om oude geweren te kopen

Have a nice day, unless you have other plans.

stripperclip
what a life hunting all the time I am envious.

ehailstone
Hunting to me is a "job"

But , hey, if you have to work hard , under dangerous , adverse, low paying conditions, it should be something fun, noble, exciting and worth dying for ........though of course,I want the animals to be doing the dying, not me Cork, thank God above theres nothing Poisones up this way, 'cept "Death Camas" a weed that looks like an onion.
The heat is whats killing me too! 60 and above for a month now.....Thank God again, theres rain again today!!!! Great for the berrys
Picts of luscious berrys soon

Hailstone

yockey5
I picked enuff of them berrys as a kid to last me a lifetime! I think I will let rose pick'em while I make coffee!

mikmarjon
He's dreaming again. I picked a few of most every kind of berrys when I was a kid too.

stripperclip
I can remember stopping on the side of the rode to pick blackberrys when we would go on trips but then there where no interstates just the senic route as it's called today.

Gatsbye53
Re: Some action before lunch......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try an Iowa summer sometime! High 90s with humidity pushing nearly 100% every now and then, ugh! Our winters might just be to your liking, A good constant 15-20F and only about three weeks of subzero temps (minus 15 at the most)

Iowa winter, the Alaskan sauna!

mybusa
Now I think your related to Ted Nugent! some of his old vids were like that (but yours is better)!!

ehailstone

" Working hard, playing hard, making it through each night and day..."
" Working hard playing hard, lucky me my work is play..."

'The Nuge' is a Hunter, and a self described "Blood brother" of any one who hunts for Gods gift of perfect food.

I sure like his music, but that man has quite a show, I've watched about 3 episodes and I just laughed alot, and could only agree with most of his philosiphys, and though I was thinking he's a bit overboard, I realize hes got a 1/2hour of "Message" to get out in this world of Cabela'd up horn hunters.

I have no message, no show, just food to chase, and share, and you fellas to share the story with.

I am content

Hailstone

yockey5
Just keep sharing!

Have a nice day, unless you have other plans.

HerrMesser
Every time the nuge comes on tv my says "can't we watch something else". You just have to overlook his mouth sometimes. But we need more like him pushing for our rights.

Rad
NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

ehailstone
Amen to that, Herr Messer, the Nuge is on our side.

God, guns and guts got us where we are, and those very things are all under attack, every day.
People like him have the truth and guys like "US" to back him. Just gotta admire that!

Post subject: Ted for the Head
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:13 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back in the day, Ted was about my favorite dude to listen to, then came Weekend warriors and Wango Tango. I have not listened or bought a new Ted album since. I have watched his shows a bit though, and he, and his hired man, are just ass%&$s to the people on the show. I don't mind when he makes the PETA skank cry :lol , but he is a dick to everyone. Ted has always bragged that he never did drugs , alcohol, or tobacco, forgive me for saying this , but maybe he should. That dude is as wierd and spastic as it gets sometimes. I still like him, especially his, "in your face" style of promoting natural living. We don't have many poster children for our cause, so I'll take what I can get. BTW, Zumbo STILL SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:14 pm 
Captain
Captain

Yockey...tried to catch ya on cahat at the old forum, I need a couple "Hints " on getting the vids to work....you musta done the above, cause I tryed for more than an hour.

Please advise.