[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Fishin stuff

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fishin stuff
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:27 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Now that spring is just aound the corner, peoples thought turn to fishin.

I was looking through some stuff and re-found this

I'll let ya ponder on it for a bit

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:46 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Some kind of Marker Buoy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:54 pm 
Major
Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:28 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:43 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:49 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

and as long as we are at it - check these ,

seems we all end up with a few oddities :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:55 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Oldernavy and Asquare were pretty close. It's a Troller, made by Pacer Products that used to be in Hopkins MN

and not only can it be used as a trolling device, but has many other uses

The date on the box was 1964...I was just thinking that wasn't all that long ago, then I realized how long it really was :( but it's still older than me, so it's not all bad :D

I got this from a cousin, whose house was like walking into a museum, and he said you tied on the line to your rod thru the front holes, and the line to your lure to the rear holes, and let it go. Then you didn't have to row so much :D

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:37 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

very cool - does it still run ?

i think you underestimate how long ago 64 was , yet you are correct some of us think it was not that long ago

to add perspective this black spinning reel , in the center , is a 1963 mithchel 300 - my second setup , the green one , on the left , is a 1958 johnson century [first model] my first rig ,

and that silver one on the right is a shimano bantam casting reel and matching graphite rod i got in 1978 - celebrating a divorce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:51 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Well, I was born in '66, so I'm aware how long ago '64 was :D or should it be :( :lol

I'm not sure if it still runs, I've never installed a battery. One of the blades is cracked, so I didn't want to take a chance on something flying off.

Looking at those rods sure brings back memories, reminds me of when I was a kid. I wore my first fishing pole out

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:55 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i used all three of those very heavily - we took as good a care of them as we did our guns , i doubt i could cast that shimano anymore - it was not as easy as the ambasadors ive used since the 80s [and stil do BTW]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:58 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I still have trouble with bait casters. It takes me awhile to warm up. A friend of the family loaned me a bait caster when I was a kid, and I couldn't get more then 6 feet out of it. I just don't fish as much as I did as a kid. Maybe this year I can cut back on the hours at work

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:17 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yea , maybe you and i and swede [i think he likes to fish doesnt he ?] can get out in the boat and stretch some lip :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:19 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Swede doesn't need to be in a boat to stretch his lips, he does fine no matter where he is :lol ..oh, you meant try and catch fish, oh yeah, he does. His son seems to catch more though :D

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:09 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General