Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Howzit?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:45 am 
Captain
Captain

Hope your all happy and healthy!

Ive missed this place, and in catching up tonight I figured , for what its worth, I'll tell ya what Ive been doing

Been cruizing the rivers, and have decided on some changes as of recent;
Deering is out of gas, and "Bootleg" brought in on boats is going for 15$ a gallon, and heating oil at 12$ a gallon from the store. Gas in Noorvik is (!!!!) 4.90$ a gallon untill the fuel barge shows up. I bought as much as I had containers for.
Deering hasn't squat for trees around, and not much on the beach that eats your chainsaw with all the sand pounded into it.
We were on our way up Kobuk river, and the trees all around, dead ones leaning over the undercut banks, dead and dry, waiting for the bite of my ax......the stuff just floating by, and we decided right there to move back North from the Kiwalik and move to our camp at Kookoochaiq on the Kobuk river to winter over.
24X24 and one big room, its well insulated and solid, with no pitching.We are gonna get some walls together and out fit a kitchen, really no problem.
Heating problem solved!!! Its better to boat our stuffs up, and spend on gas, moving and hunting, than to piss $$$ away this winter with oil.
Right now were sure there Salmon in the Kiwalik now,(Deering has Salmon this last week) and were fairly gonna have to take awhile to move it all, but by the end of September, all will reside back on the big ol' Kobuk River.
Theres been a great run of Chum Salmon as well,when we arrived at Noorvik, and it was great eating fresh Salmon again...... though the first run of the year diddnt show up at all. Not one, in any Kotzebue Sound river. Who knows why??????
The hunting is good there, as good as the Kiwalik, though with less Caribou but much more small game. I know the grounds, so it should be fun.
The fishing is great as is the Kiwalik.

Were on our way back to the Kiwalik ASAP with the weather and all, and surly to Deering to get more than a months worth of mail, I cant wait.

Oddly enough, when we bought a P.O. box, its the same # as our one in Deering, but now in Noorvik, and 99763 insted of 99736...

Bushi, Daves gonna have a blast again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:23 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

glad to hear your safe , nice to have you back , have enjoyed your posts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:16 pm 
Captain
Captain

Heyyyy!

Oh ya , were all fine. I wish I could download some pix, but , alas, not my computer
:-?

Its good to be around positive thinking people again ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:32 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Drop Dave a email and let him know the latest. As far Is I know he is still planning to hunt again up there again this yr.