[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Post Yer Deer this year

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Post Yer Deer this year
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:07 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

My 2 doe

Post subject: Re: Post Yer Deer this year
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:18 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

Looks good but bit knowledge on how, when, and where and what with.

Didn't have any close enough to shoot.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:59 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

I used my Mossberg 500
I know it doesn't look much like a deer gun but hey it worked.
My house was broke into last Christmas and they stole my guns and bunch of other stuff ,this was the closest thing I had to a deer gun for this year.
I'll be getting a rifled slug barrel and scope for it next year.
I've been buying mostly mil surplus since the break in and we can't use rifles in Ohio for deer. :cry:
I shot the deer on my property one day after I got off work.
I had just made it into the woods around 2 o'clock and was just getting ready to sit down and get the gloves and such on and I turned around and saw the 2 standing about 50 some yards away.
I shot the one and the other started to run and I gave a loud WHOOOP WHOOOP and the other stopped to see what the hell was that crazy sound was and I shot her also.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:39 am 
Captain
Captain

This year....?

OK, You ask'd; ~LOL!!!~ Caribou are in the 'Deer" family..
Some Kobuk River Bulls
3 more

Working the meats
Couple more...
two shots..

and along the beach...

LOL! Sorry thats not even all of them, and I left off what I didnt take a picture of......hahahahahahah.
The 08 calander says 66 Caribou met their demise at as a result of the rifles extention of my will.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:23 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

OKC
While I was at the gun show today I saw a 50 cal muzzle loader barrel for a mossberg 500. The price on it was, IIRC, $180.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

m mostly enjoying seeing that little girl child holding that long rifle - she looks so defiant , like thats her rifle and nobody better get near it without answering to her first :D

tell her ill ask nicely to look at that rifle - and tell her to keep the 'attitude' shes gonna be a great partner to some lucky fella in the future , and he best think 'equal' for sure

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:30 am 
Captain
Captain

Looking up now,I gotta try a 12g, slug ona Caribou now.....Ol' King Coles gotta get close.
Thats hunting. ;)

Yep. A-Square, shes a Pistol herself!

That look is pure satisfaction, like you or me with a big ol' Fish or nice ride. :bigrin:

She seems to know there "power" in the gun....she saw me shoot them, and then at camp, while we butcher'd,she sure was asking me "How'd that noise kill them?" :lol

Being a good dad, I asked her if she wanted to shoot it herself, and of course she did.....I helped her hold it and we empied 3 shots into the mud bank.
Then we took that picture
Truely.
I think Th eNRA may like her too , someday :lol :lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:13 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....the next Sarah Palin...??? :bigrin: ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:58 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

6 with 3 kickers to make a 9 out of him :)
One of the does
Have 2 other does with no pics and a broke tined spike that I haven't gotten the pic from my buddy yet.

5 deer this season so I'm quite happy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:36 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

I'd be happy too.
5 deer should fill the freezer quite nice.
With my 2 the deep freeze still looks about empty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:37 pm 
Captain
Captain

Ahhhh yes, Cork!

A gun for every occasion.... ;)

TNG, that Whitetail rminded me of a small buck I got with a bow when I was 16 in ariver bottom along the Yellowstone River just outside(Teen age Walking distance) from Bllings Montana, across the Lockwood bridge, where we stayed some monthes once.
I need a new pray.....Caribou Bears and Mammoth are a big challange no more, but a City smart whitetail just may have some tricks I could enjoy!! LOL!!