[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - we have a coyote problem - wonder how we might fix it

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: we have a coyote problem - wonder how we might fix it
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:53 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Yes Sir and to old to change, I reckon I should have mentioned you need a Glock for back up too!

Nice M1, I used my 03A3 for a yote gun for a while, 150 FMJ but I never was able to recover any to see how they did.
:lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:50 pm 
OUTLAW

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/114503609.html

mac might want to think about east TX or west TX.I ain't messing with them around here.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:33 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:54 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

No problem I am about 20 Min outside Orlando. If it is to big a hassle to travel with a rifle I have a pretty good selection of lever actions that will git 'er done, and an old Norico SKS that has killed a ton of pigs. Don't know if I can join ya with my wife feeling so bad, but I can point ya in the direction of a guide or 3, and show ya a free range to check your zero.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:11 pm 
OUTLAW

mac I just want you to know it just isn't worth getting sick with the hogs down here.I have to be very careful with the blood thinners for the ticker.I don't need a express bio agent :lol

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:13 pm 
OUTLAW

:lol make your first shot count.these critters are pure mean mac.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:55 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice looking M1rifle pete , that 06 round should be decisive on these furry varmints

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:00 pm 
OUTLAW

in the pic of me with the hog thats where he dropped.that one charged me out of the brush on that game trail.the guy(dave) that owned the ranch went up a tree.I used a norma 8mm 196 gr sp and shot him in the head.it went thru the head down the back and blew out the back ham. :-o .this was 2 months after I had the heart attack and the stents put in.
that said IMHO hunting thick brush a bolt action rifle isn't the answer if you need a quick follow up shot.a good lever action rifle or a semi auto rifle is the way to go in the thick stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:07 pm 
OUTLAW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:24 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

The SKS down here is like the 94 up in the northeast. The good ole boys love 'em in the woods for deer and pigs. I spent the extra cash for a couple boxes of SP and it is deadly on hogs. Always have a handgun with me for back up, most often a .357 or .45LC. They can be nasty and when you get a group of them, things can get sporty quick. My new rig of choice has been a Puma M92 in 454 Casul with a .45 LC in a cowboy rig, but the 1895 Marlin 45-70 with 405s has gotten a couple too. Over the years I have used everything from a .22 :o
to a 12 gauge, but now days I am slower and don't climb and like something that will break bone and go through grisle.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:35 am 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

pete , im no expert when it comes to bullets but i cant see the sp being a problem for hunting ,

i like that socom too :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:17 pm 
OUTLAW

thanks thats what I was thinking also as there is very little lead exposed on a corelok bullet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:59 am 
Opinionated Old Fart

...sniff......sniff, snifff.......whuuuuuf sniff sniff sniff......damn Pete...kinda snuck up on me with this ole thread...niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice pics.....drool, drip, slobber.....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:14 am 
OUTLAW

SD the main reason I bought the socom 16 was for hunting pigs in the brush and now the pigs are defective :lolImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:20 pm 
Opinionated Old Fart

...the SOCOM wasn't the scent that stopped me in my tracks.....

....but hang onto it...I'm sure there'll be another nasty, smelly varmint to use it on sooner or later...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:41 pm 
OUTLAW

excuse me SD what scent was it then?.I guess I am getting old....

pete