[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Working the M-39

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Working the M-39
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:29 am 
Captain
Captain

Yaaaa, no tag to draw or lose out on, I just go shopping....

This last go around brought me and company out on a ride to procure meat and scout for Bears, Black and Brown, as we have plenty of fresh snow, and tracking would be (Literally) 'Killer' :D

What is really nice about it all was that it was almost too warm...raingear bibs , a change of gloves and otherstuff was a nessesity, as what ever snow was kicking up was melting all over us...~~LOL!!~~ I didnt like the damp at all, but nothings free, and I'm glad we brought our nessesitys. By midday it went from snow and blow to stillness, sunshine and sunburn.....being hot enough to sweat when we worked, yet freeze when we rode, it was "one of those days", but that Sunshine was worth it!!

"Breakup" starts with "Meltdown"

Hooked onto a masive Wolf who first dodged us , and then turned stage left and up, up, up into the impenatrable relm of the rocky mountain top, where no snowgo may venture.......

Theres few Rifles as good as a Mosin Nagant, my M-39 varient and my faith Czeck LPS loads......

Nothing like headshots .......... Ptarmigan dont have shoulders..~~LOL!!~~

Fur sure isnt safe......

And of course, my favorite brakfast ,lunch and dinner, Caribou.

No Bear tracks, back in their dens, as we have had wicked snow and blow storms for 4 days, and we were out in the last of it all, but what a beautifull day it turned into when the skys cleared.... but tomarrow will be a ride as well, and its seriousely nice out there, nice and smooth with the tundra covered now.......

Post subject: Re: Working the M-39
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:25 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Good pics and some good eating.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:57 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

looks like a hoot! 8-)

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:05 am 
Captain
Captain

[url=http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g71/edwardhailstone/?action=view¤t=CIMG5642.jpg]Image[/url]

It runs no more...........~~LOL!!~~

Went back today and he had indeed returned along his yesterdays trails, before we had sent him off Up mountains.... Blowing the loose snow away let me know the tracks were fresh, and Off we went on a 22 mile track and spot hunt. I figure we were about 2 hours behind this guy and needing to keep up the pace.....

Twas not easy at all, involving deep snow, deep creeks, trees and mountain sides that are normally no place to ride, but we were giong for it and actually getting both rigs stuck in deep snow(*&%$#@!!!) an with the Wolf in sight and running....~~LOL!!~~......5 or so minutes later, with gusto and a laugh, we ditched one rig and the sled, doubled up and rode on, full tilt......:D

My pard had his semi .223, I my M-39, and on we went, hill and dale untill I spotted him about a mile ahead , a black dot speeding up the base of a mountain.

With smooth snow and a fast ride we closed fast, up, up , up the long ridge that went Up, up, up...untill we were 300 or so yards below the Wolf , running, hopping and loping untill it was so steep he turn aside the mountain and ran along the side, we came to a stop as we could climb no further without flipping back, and with a bad feeling of fliping back and down the steep slop myself, I wrestled with the snowmachine that had decided to roll down the slope without us. I stopped the rig on its side, with out busting the windsheild or loseing gas, and picked up my rifle for a quick snow in the bore check, I sat down to get stedy, meanwhile Ad took his shot.....all of them.....like 10, but the range was just too far and he ws dancing them around this guy, untill the Wolf, at a comfortable 500+ yards paused to look, and I took my shot, M-39 , Czeck LPS. and held about 2 foot above his back.

I hit about mid way between his feet and he jumped up and trotted on.

He had a steady gait, so I figured another try was in order.................A bit of Kentuckey windage and being downhill, I held 3 feet above and a Wolfs length ahead and gave it a go..........and dropped it right into his chest

The rest is Wolf Pelt.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:23 pm 
Captain
Captain

That was actually the longest shot I have ever made at a live target.

My neighbor called it a "Hail Mary" and hes right.

One thing though, I do know the rifle well enough to confidently give it a try.........

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:05 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Heckuva shot! Gotta love milsurps!

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:30 pm 
Captain
Captain

I actually have a sloppy vid made, but this new E-machine computer needs a "Player" so I can download it. Might be one bad word utterd in excitment, so Ill be an "Adult vid" LOL!!
Weird not being able to watch vids ~~LOL!!~~ It looks like TxPete has a vid worth watching.
Im gonna do "Realplayer", "Quicktime" and "Windows Media Player" here soon as I can.