[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Massacre at Crow Butte!

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Massacre at Crow Butte!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:58 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

My main man, LarryBob & I got to Crow Butte @ 8:30. By 9AM, I had 2 turks with their toes in the air & Xs on their eyes! He did likewise.

We were putting the sneak on about 40 that were grazing on an old hay meadow & were close to a fence. While quietly walking along a small creek, we jumped another 30 or 40 that were coming in for a drink. POW!! x 4 at about 15 yards!

I seldom miss at that range! :bigrin: Good clean head shots! No flop around - no try to run off - DEAD turks!

Life is good!!! :Dbounce:

Please pass the gravy! :slng: :Thnku: SW

Pics:

LarryBob got one of me cleaning the recently deceased - we don' need no steenking camo! :P

Lurkeys with my lucky Rem 1100 - we also don' need no steenking 3" mags or camo shotguns. A 2 3/4" chamber with fixed full choke.

The edifice farthest to the right is Crow Butte - we hunted very near there. Crow is for the Indian variety ( feather-not-spot)

Attachments:
zzMassacre 002.jpg
zzMassacre 002.jpg [ 42.25 KiB | Viewed 4758 times ]
zzMassacre 001.jpg
zzMassacre 001.jpg [ 124.5 KiB | Viewed 4758 times ]
zzMassacre 005.jpg
zzMassacre 005.jpg [ 20.44 KiB | Viewed 4758 times ]

Post subject: Re: Massacre at Crow Butte!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:08 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

... :grin: :grin: :grin: CONGRATUMALATIONS!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

....but you didnt take me with you... :(

...............and who gets to pluck dem feathers off??? :-o

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:42 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice work , and good eatin , happy thanksgiving :jmp:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:14 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:26 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:30 pm 

The land owner told us to get another license & come back to blast more of 'em. They poop all over his tractors & pickup.

Said we could hunt his place black powder deer season, too.

He is a good old boy! SW

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:44 am 
Opinionated Old Fart

...great day!!! Glad you got the turkey...and try a slow marinate of white zinfandel...it'll make the turkey taste better (haven't a clue what to marinate the bird with)...Happy Thanksgiving!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:37 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:51 am 
OUTLAW

nice birds.
I just breast them out.use lots of ice in the water to help draw the blood out.I use a splash of white vinegar helps with the game taste as it is sitting in the frig.
if they are anything like the turkeys we have down here you will find the wings and legs are like rubber unless you throw them in a crock pot for a few days on high ;) .
y'all have a fine thanksgiving day.
pete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:59 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I can see why it's called Haystack, Nebraska. :wink:
Which one is your's? :grin: And where's the chimney?

In all seriousness, the Doukhobor's that came here in the late 1800's actually built houses out of haystacks. Apart from the obvious fire hazard, they were supposedly quite livable :bigrin:

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:58 am 

This is the rancher's hay supply for the winter. I parked between two rows of round bales mostly to be out of the wind but also where the lurkeys couldn't see us.

Another word on my attire - this is how I dress at work except for the cap. I have a C&NW one for that - suitably stained with coal dust.

I had worked all night & got home around midnight. By the time I got my license printed off & found the shotgun, I got about 3 hours' sleep.

So I just put on what I had worn at work. I thought about a pair of camo bibs last time I was in Cabelas, but they are $100 & spending too much to hunt takes all the fun away. Besides, if you are sneaky you really don't need it.

Contrary to what Cabelas would have you believe.

I've just gotten up in beautiful Bill, Wyo & will soon have a loaded train to drag home.

With luck and no broken rail, I might get back in time for warm leftovers. I like leftovers! :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:28 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel