[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Please pass the gravy! Again!!

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Please pass the gravy! Again!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:48 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

When I took the mutt out for our short hike this morning, I jumped up about 30 turks. When I got home, I downloaded a permit & went back with lucky 1100 in hand.

Of course they were gone. But! I went back just now & they were coming back from feeding & following the same path they used this morning.

I got a lot of cactus souvenirs in my knees but I was sneeky enough to whack this tom that was lagging behind. The others were too far away for another shot, but I'll be home in the AM & see just how umb-day they are!

Now to remove the insides & marinate for a few days. Life is good!! :bigrin: 8-) :bigrin: :Thnku: :pya: SW

Attachments:
zzTom 001.jpg
zzTom 001.jpg [ 83.77 KiB | Viewed 4537 times ]
zzTom 002.jpg
zzTom 002.jpg [ 213.63 KiB | Viewed 4537 times ]
zzTom 003.jpg
zzTom 003.jpg [ 57.77 KiB | Viewed 4537 times ]

Post subject: Re: Please pass the gravy! Again!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:00 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

Pass that sucker over my way..I want a drum stick. :crzy: :hah: :rotflma: :fny: :grin: :ow:

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:07 pm 

Heck, if you was a little closer, I'd throw in some spuds, gravy & pie!! SW

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:09 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

And a trip to the man cave to see your gun stash. :D

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:37 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...HEY....I get first dibs!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: ...congrats again... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:12 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

A couple of days marinating and I could be there in that time. Too old to do it in one day anymore.

That sure sounds good though. I am a breast man myself with taters gravy and some home made biscuits.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:55 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:18 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

:jmp:
nice gobbler....someday, i have to get up there~ #1. it will prove i'm real to a certain dis-beliver #2. wanna search for that small valley with a spring #3.shoot the cannon, walk out,pick up the ball. :Dbounce:

happy new year hogger....may you get a REAL moo-cow calender sometime this year! :ow:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:06 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

That's some nice shootin there! Congrads again, and Happy New Year!

I doubt that turkey's gonna taste anything like a store bought- the same way the ruffed and sharptailed grouse around here don't taste like the game hens from the store :wink:

Both propositions are likely a bit more on the gristlier side, too!

I gotta ask it :? What happened to that snow you had? Did it all melt off?

I couldn't get down the back roads for the grouse finisher. Thigh deep snow is a bit much for my old wagon. Always next year. There's an evil plan under way to boost my .22 air gun velocity up to 900 fps. Not too sure which course it'll be yet- a maxi-pumper, or an hpa bottle. Cold weather does affect compressed air volume- something I'm still learning to compensate for. I got about 8 months to get something together.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:32 am 

Doc,

The first snow mostly evaporated but we have more now. Not that deep but due to high wind, it has drifted considerably in place - like the geezer lady's driveway across the street.

Took me forever to scoop her out. Temp is back into the 20s so not all that bad at the moment. SW