[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Which self loading pistol do you prefer?

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Which self loading pistol do you prefer?
Single action 43%  43%  [ 16 ]
Double action 49%  49%  [ 18 ]
Double action only 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 37
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:12 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Just to build upon my previous poll on rotators vs. self-feeders.

No "I like them all" option on this one. No fence sitting, you gotta choose.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:15 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:15 am 
Major
Major

I like the double action for carry because of the better saftey margin
I do not like the dao pistols though any double action is essentially a single
after the first shot in an auto anyway.

GG

Old Thor ain't got nothing on me.

Gungrubber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:14 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I voted double action because of concealed carry. I do like my 1911 though.

Dave

Last edited by 308Dave on Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:27 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I voted double because of conceal carry also.I also like the decock feature on some of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:49 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Rome fell because it had a Senate-what will become of us with both a Senate and a House-Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:04 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i love both of my 1911s and both of my inglis , but when my reaction depends on my carry i carry my S&W M39 - i want to react immeadiatly not have to work the slide , i want to carry locked and loaded but safe without the safety on , that requires the double action/decocker/hammer block period

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:46 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Double Action: the best of all worlds... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:56 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Raising the dead tonight here. Single action for me, my 1911 is my constant companion, but I can see where a double would be a nice and have looked at the Bersa for a pocket gun. DAO I would not own one if someone gave it to me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:33 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

DA/SA is the way to go for me. No need for 'cocked & locked', no need for the extra step of manipulating a safety when your life is on the line & you find yourself in panic mode.

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:21 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I chose DAO because I believe this hideous creature should replace the M9 as the GI's standard issue side-arm...

...chambered in .45 ACP, of course.

Also, I'm a big fan of this little puppy...

Dean

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:55 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Hi-Point = GI :lol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:03 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Now that IS truly hideous! I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:59 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

for sure - the government passed on this in the 70s and in think they made a big mistake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:17 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

They are already using the M11 (P228) 8-)
Why mess with perfection? They need to issue on a wider scale that's all

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:59 am 
The Knife
The Knife

What the military needs is a reliable DA/SA double stack 45 ACP.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:38 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

A-Square,

That's a model 39, right?
I understand the Coast Guard used the model 39's for quite a while.
--------------------------------------------------------

Et2ss,

That's an excellent suggestion. Way to be on the ball.
I'd forgotten about the M11, but wasn't it chambered for the 9mm?
I'm thinking, if we're going to go that route, maybe a 220 would be a better choice for an infantryman.

Dean

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:40 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

The 220 is a .45 single stack. The M11 (228) is a compact version of the 226. The P226 has 15 round mags, the P228 has 13 rounds. Of course Mec-Gar has 17 & 15 rounders for the same. I don't think the military will stray from the 9mm NATO as standard issue. Spec Ops already use the 45 ACP.