[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - ....RIP........TxPete...

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ....RIP........TxPete...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:16 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PETE 6-4-11.JPG
PETE 6-4-11.JPG [ 637.52 KiB | Viewed 27007 times ]

......................07/08/2011.............God Bless him.......... ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:16 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thanks mario , thats how i want to remember him , he loved that bike and the freedom of his rides ,

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:52 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Amen brother,

Pete was my friend and I will miss him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:55 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Hey Mike, glad to see you. Wish it were better circumstances though. Ar you going to be able to make it to his funeral?

I know he was proud of this pic

Attachments:
txpete.jpg
txpete.jpg [ 128.87 KiB | Viewed 26996 times ]

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:59 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Yes Sir,

I will be there.

I too wish we were back in touch over better circumstances.

Mike

Last edited by falmike on Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:01 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I'm hoisting one in his honour right now

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:06 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

THAT is hilarious! I never heard that one. Well, since I don't drink, I guess I will go grab a slice of watermelon that I just happen to have in the fridge.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:09 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.....I've had a head start-been doin that for a while... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:40 am 
International Man of Mystery
International Man of Mystery

I emptied a bottle of Grolsch on this side of the pond yesterday evening.
I wish it were for a better reason.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:36 am 
Opinionated Old Fart

...my only regret was that I didn't get to know him better years ago when we first "met" on another forum...we've talked often and met for a day in Waco last year...finer man I've never met...loved our country and gave his best at everything he did...I'll miss my friend, but only for awhile...he left holding his Saviour's hand and all we who have that same confidence will have forever to spend with our Pete...praying for Di's comfort...every flag in America should be at half-staff...a patriot has gone home...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:49 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I din't wan't to get too preachy with him but I had to ask if he was 'right with the Big Guy' He confirmed he was. He also commented..."Hope he appreciates a good joke". Dang it I will miss him!

My sig line came from a DVD he sent me of some training ops they were doing in DE. I'm going to see if there is a way I can edit bits of the film & share with you guys.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:23 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

..."...a toast...to our absent comrade".....(followed by sound of breaking glasses)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:42 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

Might not quite the same as some of but " i am hoisting a big glass of milk in his honor".

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:51 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Pete's Pub.....That is too cool.

I hope he is relaxing in another easy chair upstairs reading all the posts and figuring out which Mosin he wants next....or next ultimate pig gun :)

See you later buddy.

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:18 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Maybe a "Scout" Mosin in .444 ? :lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:51 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

All,

Here is the obituary from the funeral home:

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignit ... cale=en_US

Check out the slideshow, there are some vintage photos of Pete in there.

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:55 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:14 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:44 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Thanks Mike.

Any of you computer heads can figure out how to lift those pics from the site?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:54 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...I aint no 'puter head-cant just copy/save those,but I already got some- they are of lower resolution and pixelate if enlarged too much....only got a few-I can try get more if you want later ;) ....example of one below....

pete.JPG
pete.JPG [ 62.75 KiB | Viewed 26890 times ]