[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Random Pic

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Random Pic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:55 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:35 pm 
Major
Major

Thanx.
The pinholes in the cardboard box pics were somewhat less interesting.
HPIM3944.jpg
HPIM3944.jpg [ 59.21 KiB | Viewed 24408 times ]

Last edited by dragonsdad on Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:41 am 
Major
Major

Have you ever noticed one person stand out from a crowd?
Maybe the reason was more mundane than you first thought. Maybe everybody else was partially obscured and your eye just locked in.
GDconcertGirls_cropped.jpg
GDconcertGirls_cropped.jpg [ 95.87 KiB | Viewed 24408 times ]

Grateful Dead concert- Reno, 1974
girls waiting to use the SaniHuts

Last edited by dragonsdad on Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:46 pm 
Major
Major

kind of a cool boulder that split and fell apart somehow
BlueLakeValleys004_edited-1.jpg
BlueLakeValleys004_edited-1.jpg [ 159.06 KiB | Viewed 24398 times ]

This is a good sized granite rock, appx 6' through the center.
I've never been able to picture how it ended up on top of a small rise, then split cleanly. I mean, it had to be there 1st, then fall apart and that never made any sense to me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:22 pm 
Major
Major

meanwhile, back at the concert
GDConcert_ejected_1.jpg
GDConcert_ejected_1.jpg [ 59.43 KiB | Viewed 24391 times ]

(fence jumper)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:28 pm 
Major
Major

I never did try for a pic of the band.
I thought the people in the crowd were more interesting. I went through several rolls of people pics. The exception to that were the stage hands trying to put up what they'd later bill as the Wall of Sound in high winds (technically, people pics). Trying to raise that central speaker stack proved too much and what you see was as far as they got with it. They did fill both wings. I swear you could hear it on the other side of town. Surprised the whole thing didn't blow over.

gd_WallOfSound_1.jpg
gd_WallOfSound_1.jpg [ 125.01 KiB | Viewed 24373 times ]

I should admit that the sound close by seemed 'muddy'. Out in the parking lot 1/4 mile away the sound was cleaner by comparison. Maybe the wind had something to do with that.

This was all more than a few years ago but I do remember the wind that day.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:47 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

looks like a little woodstock , sound wasnt that great there either i heard , the albumen was fine - they must have had decent recording equipment

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:00 pm 
Major
Major

I never understood what would motivate anyone to drive hundreds of miles to see them. The people were interesting though.

I knew enough to avoid the Pranksters going in. It's not that I was holding myself apart or trying to be anti-social. There were aspects of DeadHead culture I just wasn't that interested in. I never did buy any of their albums.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:34 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:09 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

The last large venue concert I was at was Nazareth's Razamanaz tour.
My date and I had to leave very early- the volume was thermo-nuclear ear-splitting loud.
I suppose that kind of dates me...

Best small venue show I was ever at was Roy Orbison at our version of a county fair, some 35 years ago. Actual crowd was pretty small, some 35-40 people, but Roy gave it his all.
I remember feeling a bit sad at such a low turn-out.
I hope he at least earned scale pay.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:17 am 
Major
Major

For me, I'd have to go with Roy Clark at Harrah's Reno, Show Lounge.
I had no idea one person could play so many instruments so well.

No pictures of that but I do have one of a Credence Clearwater Revival Concert.
Sorry, but you'll have to take my word for who it is. I was proud of myself for maneuvering myself into a back-stage(ish) position. Off in the wings but hey, I was there.
1970ish_2.jpg
1970ish_2.jpg [ 73.61 KiB | Viewed 24313 times ]

They've been promoting Tahoe shows not that long ago.
I can't imagine it'd be the same though. Nothing is some 50 years later..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:34 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:44 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:21 am 
Major
Major

around the same time as the pics above, closer to downtown.
I have no explanation for this other than it was on a wall between two buildings.
FlourAd_Reno.jpg
FlourAd_Reno.jpg [ 97.42 KiB | Viewed 24264 times ]

There were no other legends or wording.
You'd think an advertisement would have a name.

Last edited by dragonsdad on Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:17 pm 
Major
Major

Here, it's possible to figure out what they're selling.
Virginia City wall 1967.jpg
Virginia City wall 1967.jpg [ 323.37 KiB | Viewed 24260 times ]

another exterior wall / Virginia City

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:01 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Morning view of beautiful downtown Budapest. My friend snapped this on the way to work. SW
pic1a.jpg
pic1a.jpg [ 258.91 KiB | Viewed 24178 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:54 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Looks like fairly modern glass there.
Lot of detail, and little in the way of chromatic aberrations.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:56 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Lighting test:
4 light setup.
Main (Diffused 611), fill (bounce card on 622), hair (285HV on full "Tele") & "trigger" from on camera all synced by slaves.