[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - ...interesting aircraft...

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:20 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.....muddling away at work today....in the middle of mapping some airport near Williamsburg Va. .....while doing the apron areas I came across a few 'interestink' aircraft parked-a bit different from the norm-took a few screenshots of them.....so drag out your "Jane's Aircraft of the World"...anybody wanna take a shot at an ID...??? :thnk: ...its just a shame you cant view them on 3D like we can... ;)

a.jpg
a.jpg [ 365 KiB | Viewed 6955 times ]

b.jpg
b.jpg [ 352.03 KiB | Viewed 6955 times ]

c.jpg
c.jpg [ 252.54 KiB | Viewed 6955 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:14 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

# 1 at left looks like a frog "Rafael"
At right maybe an older Dussault?

#2 at bottom almost looks like a T38

#3 looks like John Denver's before he crashed it :lol

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:03 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Yep - the delta wing jobber does look Frog. I thought Mirage, but those are probably nothing but trainers now. SW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:49 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:25 pm 

Heck, maybe those are Daffy's aircraft! I seem to recall he bought a gaggle of equipment from the Frogs - mostly because hardly anybody else wanted to do biz with him. SW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:37 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Mario, the Mirage doesn't have those forward canards. Mirage was my first thought as well.

Mirage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:24 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

... :roll: well the talking headnews reporters on the news were showing video of "alleged " French aircraft with those lil winglets off the sides calling them Mirages...so either they were wrong then or showing footage of something else....and the way the media is these days it could be both... :rotflma:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:28 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I dont think its a Rafael either

Was maybe thinking it was a Eurofighter Typhoon... but that doesnt look right either.

But maybe I'm just reaching for straws with this guess: Saab JAS 39 Gripen

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:10 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....what I wanna know is-whatever it is-whats it doing parked at a USA airport near Williamsburg Va. ...??? :ow:

....reminds me of that J.Geils band song-"musta got lost"..... :grin:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:19 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

My parents live right by an airport/large fenced area in Williamsburg, I would be willing to bet this is the same one. My step Dad is retired with about 40 years at P&W and he has told me about some serious aircraft coming and going at all hours of the night there,

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:59 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Hey Gatsby! Where ya been?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:27 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Been keepin busy! :Dbounce: havent been online on my computer much. Got me one of them there fancy pants , so I've been doing most of my browsing there, an well, its great for browsing, but kinda a pita for actually typing much on it. Nice to be back here though.

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:18 pm 
OUTLAW

I was thinking saab also.don't forget langley/spookville is just down the road :wink: if its got wings a spook will fly it.

pete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:09 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It looks the most like the Saab, but there is just something about the tail that doesnt quite match up.

#4 is a vari-eze model