[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - A few RR pics

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A few RR pics
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:13 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Shot these early this AM.

1) "Short flag". The yellow/red board is displayed 2 miles in advance of track workers, and you are required to stop short of the red board until instructions from the foreman are received. In this case, the track work began right at the beginning of UP track - meaning the gang couldn't put their yellow/red board 2 miles up the BN track. So they short flagged it right on the red board.

You really have to look your orders over closely for short boards & they are not always easy to find. But we were both awake and saw it so I had ahold of the train. Called the foreman & away we went. This was taken at Shawnee Jct where the UP & BN come together. The two left tracks are UP & the other 2 are BN. If you look closely, you cansee a yellow board clear to the right. That indicates a "slow order" 2 miles away = a place where you have to slow down for some reason. Usually a rail or road bed defect.
zzRail 001.jpg
zzRail 001.jpg [ 113.6 KiB | Viewed 3237 times ]

2) "Little House on the Prairie". Fed regs say there has to be a terlet every half mile for track workers. For some reason, there was only one for the 15 mile project... and I'm betting there wasn't any terlet paper! :-o :-(

zzRail 002.jpg
zzRail 002.jpg [ 86.54 KiB | Viewed 3237 times ]

3) Track machines on the Casper sub. This was the gang - you can't see them too well but they were still doing jumping jax when we went by ( realy!) and didn't have any machines out on the main. The Casper sub has all been torn up but about 2 miles right here. I used to go over it back in the day.
zzRail 004.jpg
zzRail 004.jpg [ 117.12 KiB | Viewed 3237 times ]

4) Open spaces. I took this one for Dutch Mosin. Lots of nothing out here. Miles to the nearest house or tree. I am from here and love it dearly. zzRail 007.jpg
zzRail 007.jpg [ 94.11 KiB | Viewed 3237 times ]

5) Train Ahead. The yard was congested so we sat about 20 miles north of town waiting for a rail. I needed to clear a small crossing & pulled up tight to the train ahead.

This is a good way to prank the cond if he is snoring too loudly... you pull up as tight as you can get to the train ahead, stop & then scream, "OH CRAP!!!" :ow: :kap: 8-) Then bail out the back door. Always good for a chuckle. SW zzRail 008.jpg
zzRail 008.jpg [ 86.85 KiB | Viewed 3237 times ]

Post subject: Re: A few RR pics
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:48 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I'm with you on the country out there. That is why I wanted to retire and live in WY. That is why we bought property in the black hills but nothing is working out for us.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:22 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.....gorgeous...I love it-a range to shoot everywhere around you and no worries of hitting anyone... :rotflma: ....if I ever make it out there I dont suppose they'd let me tag along fer a ride though... :lol

....with my luck we'd have to stop at the 'lil house-but it would be 'in use'....and the user would be reading "War and Peace".... :-o :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:49 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thanks , its neet to see whats happening out there , nice to know the world as we know it is still going on , one might almost give up hope if you went with the MSM news ,

i wish more would post about their work/lives , nothing personal needed , unless you want , but just general stuff , we all live such different lives yet all are very much the same in so many ways ,

my life is revolving around 'down town' these days as im building in the heart of our community , there is a camera pointing at it that does not cover the whole scope but its pointed at the high activity zone , or at least it was ..........its the big one the civic center project , the police station is done now and the 'main street' st germain is a couple blocks south of my project .

http://www.ci.stcloud.mn.us/MainTopics/OnlineCam.aspx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:49 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

wow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:22 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

i would move there.......but i would get too cold, no trees for firewood! :lol