[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Snow

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Snow
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:11 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

We went from 50 degrees yesterday to half that right now. Not all that cold but mucho snow blowing around. Well, never say die. Me & Hydrophobia still went out to leave a few footprints. And she left a big steamer for the coyotes to admire.

I meant to get pics of a bobcat den but I didn't feel like busting my a$$ sliding down a small ravine... and climbing back out through a few drifts. Maybe next time.

Last pic you can see the mutt is ready to get back in the truck & go home to be a cereal killer.

"Come ON, dammit!! Let's get going!!" Or dog thoughts to that effect. ;) SW

Snow 001 (640x427).jpg
Snow 001 (640x427).jpg [ 184.55 KiB | Viewed 8450 times ]

Snow 002 (640x427).jpg
Snow 002 (640x427).jpg [ 222.66 KiB | Viewed 8450 times ]

Snow 003 (640x427).jpg
Snow 003 (640x427).jpg [ 256.59 KiB | Viewed 8450 times ]

Snow 004 (640x427).jpg
Snow 004 (640x427).jpg [ 197.56 KiB | Viewed 8450 times ]

Post subject: Re: Snow
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:02 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thanks for the pics. No snow in NH since Halloween. Here is a pic of one of our coyote visitors a couple of nights ago. She is Tammy's li'l buddy.

Attachments:
Critters 017.jpg
Critters 017.jpg [ 109.55 KiB | Viewed 8445 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:21 pm 

Looks like Wile E. has been living large on dog food. ;) SW

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:11 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Keeps her out of trouble. Don't tell the neighbors.

Can't quite see your pooch's face. Is he a Pit?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:18 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

She's an Eastern Coywolf, larger than Western Coyotes. That's what leftover pasta will do. She should have healthy cubs. The whole pack is pretty healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:11 pm 

She is supposed to be a pit but I can't quite see it. I tell people she's a shep/boxer mix. She's pretty mean. I take her to the bank when I deposit the paycheck & she mooches doggie treats from the tellers.

They load her up so she won't lick on their windows. Same at the pharmacy - she waves her tail & acts all happy - rakes in the doggie treats. SW

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:18 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Mighty handsome fella. My rottie is fed better than Wile E, he has to think a lot before jumping into the backseat. Tammy cant help it, she loves to feed critters: squirrels, foxes, me, racoons, birds. Lucky no close neighbors. We could call is a wildlife habitat except for all the gunfire (no animals, just targets, cans, balloons, etc.).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:35 pm 

I always put out grub for the boids & squills. So does the neighbor lady. Saw a squill waltzing down the TV cable with a gi-normous piece of Texas toast recently. Also saw this one... SW

zTurt2.jpg
zTurt2.jpg [ 204.62 KiB | Viewed 8436 times ]

As long as I'm in the pic file... everybody knows what a tubby duck is. Here is a terlet duck!

zDuck2.jpg
zDuck2.jpg [ 41.51 KiB | Viewed 8436 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:58 pm 

Canard a la orange. 8-) Mack! SW

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:53 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

+56 in iowa yesterday , sunny and breezy - today there and here turned windy and cold - its in the teens here now , snow on my drive back , but not much yet ........

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:11 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

It was just darn cold today, right Hogger? That damn wind is what does it.....I hate it when that happens ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:12 am 

Yep. Kinda frosty right now, too. The mutt is all revved up to go see what we can see, though. SW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:24 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:38 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

So after two and a half months of bare ground, this morning we wake up to loverly SNOW. Shot it through a screen, hence the moire.

Attachments:
Snow 004.jpg
Snow 004.jpg [ 199.3 KiB | Viewed 8413 times ]
Snow 002.jpg
Snow 002.jpg [ 211.32 KiB | Viewed 8413 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:00 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Its like winter finally decided to show up!

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:06 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:00 am 
The Knife
The Knife

It has also found us. It is a snowing and a blowing. Just may have to go dig, and I mean dig, out the snow blower.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:00 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

so .........now that the mini-ice-age is backm will we quit hearing of global warming or start hearing again of climate change ?

anyone else sick of the politizatoin of mother nature ? who does whatever she damn well pleases ? no matter what a polititian says or what we pay in taxes ?

im all for watchin the weather girls on the weather channel and thinking carnal thoughts , or just enjoying what gets presented outside the window

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:31 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

-5 and the wind is whipping here, and no I still do not mss FL