[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Souvenir Sword

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Souvenir Sword
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

All I could find on one symbol

Coat of arms of the Russian Republic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Pr ... Government

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:06 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

russian masons ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:20 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Yep - Imperial Russky two-faced eagle all righty. Try this link for possible similarities. SW

http://www.google.com/search?q=russian+ ... 66&bih=587

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:02 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

That standing lion looks similar the rampant lion of the Czech republic before WW2.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:29 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....I toldja you'd get some good leads if you posted it here.... ;)

...by the way,I'f flip the sword 180 on the mounts-but thats just me... :rotflma:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

trust you understand i meant no offense to the masons among us by my post ....

i was looking at it as a fraternal item , not military , but i could well be wrong in this thinking ,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:38 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yup - i think you are right , but its a small part of what you should do - we older folks can add perspective , but you still need your younger friends to carry you through life - good friends are very valuable , pick them well - they will be there with you forever ,

we older sorts will slowly go away leaving you with whatever you got from us in the time that is left , and dont think for a minute that the stuff you get here is not valuable , it may save you from a bad buy in the future ,

i think passing some knowledge on to those you are associating with these days can only improve their lives as well , there is much to be applied to the future by what we learned in the past ,

at the very least you are hangin out with some old guys that have your best interest inn mind ,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:42 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Don't want to burst your bubble, but to me it looks like an (probably) Italian souvenir/fantasy sword.
Might be Spanish or even Chinese for that matter, but tourist shops in southern europe are crammed with these.
This one does look of a little better quality than average though.

Best regards,
A

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:16 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

so its not old like all of us ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:08 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Late 20th century ...
:bigrin:

Brgds, A

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

way too young ....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Souvenir cheese slicer. No good if not used for it's intended purpose :bigrin:

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:57 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

"...A-Square... That is very good advice, i agree completely... and I mean't no dis-respect also to any on this forum... i was only meaning when i was much younger like 20yrs. or so ago i had little intrest in being a lodge brother. Now that i'm start'in to get a lot closer to 50 than to 40 I am realizing that was a mistake. ..."

ah - my friend , do not think for a moment i took issue with that , you did not offend this forum nor me , i firmly believe that every individual take steps in life based on our percieved direction , and often that changes ,

in hitlers germany there were those that joined his youth and adult movements ,
in our country there were those that joined the KKK ,
in isreal there are those that hunt nazis ,
in my lifetime - there have been commie hunters in our country ,

i do not see "masons" in this way nor do i see the local 'knights of columbus' this way , i never viewed any other fraternal order as 'bad' unless they did something "bad" and even then i know individuals do bad things - not really the organaziations ,

i grant you the 'american nazis' have inspired bad - but its the individual that actually did the deed , not the organisiation no man should be freed of his actions by his associations , nor should an individual be granted favor for the efforts of his organization ,

in my mind every organization has , if their intent be good , respect until their intent be bad , and its not a question of pretense as much as intent ,

i did not nor do i question you as an individual ,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:14 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Well, it's a very nice piece if used for it's intended purpose. Which is decoration. You shouldn't look for things that aren't there if you know what I mean.
Like I said before, I think it is Italian made, or maybe Spanish.

Best Regards, A