[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - interesting story on photography - ruskies inspired

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:13 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

"......The rise of digital photography is widely supposed to have made film photography redundant. Rather than burn through rolls of film, digital photographers can instantly review and tweak their pics. Lomo cameras have also been derided by some as a fashion accessory, bought by people more concerned with trends than any real love for the art of photography. ...."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20434270

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:45 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Yeah but digi-cams make it soooooooooo much easier. With the company I have been working for, a 2 lb camera in HD and a 3 pound tripod is much preferable to the 40 lb non-HD cameras & 20 lb tripods when filming the local HS football games :P

And when editing we can grab stills that are out of this world

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:34 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I liked to consider myself an old school photographer, but after I scored a high end digitial for my coloring book, I decided chemical photography has gone the way of the dinosaurs. SW

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:35 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

while i agree with you ....you missed the point , these are artists not just photographers , you know - like they recreate what they capture into something other than what you actually saw :ow:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

What kind of mushrooms they ate?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:36 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

probably :Dbounce: , after all the inspirations come from within the mind :velo:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:10 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well OK ,

they took the photos of ordinary everyday objects in the street we all see with a lens that apperantly has dynamic capabilities ,

then they enhanced the film in the processing by using altered or non traditional processes ,

then they cropped and emphasized certain aspects of the shot to make their statement ,

what they got was not what you saw .....

and yes it does seem a little like 'lucy in the sky with diamonds' doesnt it ?????? :P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:23 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

May have helped if I actually looked at the link huh?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

My computey has been running really slow lately, so I minimize the websites I go to cuz it takes forever to load.

Guess I can't complain, I traded it for a mosin lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:26 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ahhh , i see your confussion , yes the link would have helped , but im enjoying that 'crystal blue persuasion' of the exchange just the same ,

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:46 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.....dont bogart that joint,my friend..... :rotflma:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:31 am 

Sounds like the old hard drive is getting plugged with invasive cookies. Time to do a serious clean up and... no more hotasianchix4u dot com! :crzy: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: SW